CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
Speech or Language Impairment (SLI)
Definition: A child with a Speech or Language Impairment shall have a communicative disorder which prevents the child from receiving reasonable educational benefit from general education.
- Get Connected
- Listserv, ASHA SEAL, SLAC Information
- Employment and Recruitment
- Advertise your school-based speech-language positions
- List of school-based speech-language positions in Colorado*
- Career Tracks
- SLPA University Programs
- SLP Graduate Programs
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant Consortium Contacts
Professional Learning (SLI)
- School-Based Conferences
- Regional Workshops
- Online Courses
- Other Trainings
- Colorado Speech or Language Impairment Guidelines for Assessment and Eligibility
- Colorado Communication Rating Scales
- Auditory Processing Deficits
- Practice Guidelines for SLPA Supervisors
- Technical Assistance Documents
- CDE Links
Speech-Language Pathology Office Hours
Beginning in October, Shani O'Brien will hold monthly office hours from 9:00 am - 10:00 am on the following Mondays:
- October 10, 2022
- November 21, 2022 - The November Office Hours session has been cancelled.
- December 19, 2022 - The December office hours session has been cancelled.
- January 9, 2023
- February 13, 2023
- March 13, 2023
- April 10, 2023
- May 8, 2023
All participants must register no later than two weeks in advance.
For more information about services for students who have speech or language impairments in Colorado, please contact:
Shani O'Brien, Speech-Language Specialist
Email Shani O'Brien
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.