- We are excited to announce a PBIS within an MTSS Framework Training Series for the 2017-18 school year. Please click here for more information on the training series.
- The Office of Learning Supports and Exceptional Student Services Unit have partnered to provide an exciting online learning opportunity titled Reclaiming School Discipline and Student Accountability. For more information about this webinar, click here.
- We are building our website to provide more examples and resources! Be sure to check back often for updated content and resources! Visit our latest page on Universal/Tier 1 PBIS!
- Want to feature your PBIS work? Send us artifacts/documents of your PBIS framework: expectations, acknowledgement system, discipline flowchart, etc. We are building our website and would love to feature work from Colorado schools! Email Jason Harlacher your products and we may publish them on our website!
PBIS is a prevention-based framework for assisting school personnel in adopting and organizing evidence-based behavioral supports and interventions into an integrated continuum that enhances academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
The mission of the Colorado Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Initiative is to establish and maintain effective school environments that maximize academic achievement and behavioral competence of all learners in Colorado.
For More Information Contact:
Lynne DeSousa, PBIS Statewide Coordinator
Jason Harlacher, MTSS Specialist
Current Legislation Information
Guidance from the U.S. Department of Education on School Discipline Disparities and Positive School Climate and Culture
- Dear Colleague Letter on PBIS and Students with Disabilities 2016 (PDF)
- Dear Colleague Letter on Nondiscrimination School Discipline 2014 (PDF)
- USDOE Resource Guide for Improving School Climate 2014 (PDF)
- USDOE Directory of Federal School Climate and Discipline Resources (PDF)
- USDOE School Climate and Discipline Guidance
- 2012 Colorado state legislation on school discipline (PDF)
- Colorado House Bill 11-1254: Concerning Measures to Reduce the Frequency of Bullying in Schools
- Overview of the bill (PDF)
Lynne DeSousa, PBIS Statewide Coordinator; Jason Harlacher, MTSS Specialist