For information and materials related to the State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG), please access the CO-SPDG webpage.
In Colorado, a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is defined as:
a prevention-based framework of team-driven data-based problem solving
for improving the outcomes of every student through family, school, and
community partnering and a layered continuum of evidence-based practices
applied at the classroom, school, district, region, and state level.
The mission of the Office of Learning Supports (OLS) is to shape, develop, and increase the collective capacity of schools and districts to implement and sustain a multi-tiered system of supports, through a problem-solving culture that integrates data, practices, and systems which improve educational outcomes for every student.
MTSS Overview Video
- Definitions: MTSS and Five Essential Components
- Office of Learning Supports: CO-MTSS Brochure
- MTSS & RtI & PBIS Crosswalk document
- "What is MTSS?" brief guidance article
- MTSS Leadership Team (MLT) Self-Assessment (District/BOCES level)
- School-Based Self-Assessment Evaluation Tool
Technical Assistance Opportunities
In order to request TA from the OLS, please complete the online submission of this TA Request Form. To prepare your responses, you may choose to download this PDF version of the form prior to opening the online submission form. Requests for TA will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis; preference may be given to district/charter leadership and administrative units in need of support integrating systems of academic and behavioral support.
- Access MTSS slideshows to see what presentations were offered in 2016 and 2017.
For More Information
Contact Kim Watchorn, 303-866-6262.