CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
Definition: A child with Multiple Disabilities shall have two or more areas of significant impairment, one of which shall be an intellectual disability. The other areas of impairment include: Orthopedic Impairment, Visual Impairment including Blindness, Hearing Impairment including Deafness, Speech or Language Impairment, Serious Emotional Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Traumatic Brain Injury, or Other Health Impaired. The combination of such impairments creates a unique condition that is evidenced through a multiplicity of severe educational needs which prevent the child from receiving reasonable educational benefit from general education.
- Guidelines for Determining Eligibility for a Child with an Intellectual Disability or Multiple Disabilities, September 2013 (PDF)
Other Disability Categories
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Hearing Impairment, Including Deafness
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Other Health Impaired
- Serious Emotional Disabilities
- Significant Support Needs (SSN)
- Speech or Language Impairment
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Visual Impairment, Including Blindness
For more information about Multiple Disabilities, contact:
Phone: (303) 866-6605
Email Gina Herrera
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.