You are here
Federal Programs Unit
COVID-19 and Federal Programs
For information pertaining to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on programs managed by the Federal Programs Unit, please visit:
- Stronger Connections Grant - NEW!
- ESSER Due Dates - NEW!
- Notice of Approval on Title IV, Part A of the ESEA Waivers
- COVID-19 and CARES Act FAQ
- Office Hours Information
- Consolidated Application Information
Updated news and resources
- Competitive Grants and Awards Forecast
- Colorado's Ed-Flex Program
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Empowering Action for School Improvement (EASI)
- ESEA Regional Networking Meetings
- Colorado's State Educator Equity Plan
Colorado's plan for ensuring equity in education for poor and minority children.
The Federal Programs Unit administers funds under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as well as a variety of other federal and state competitive grants and awards.
ESEA is the primary federal law affecting K-12 education. The main goal of ESEA is to help all students in the state to reach proficiency in English language arts/reading and mathematics and is built on four pillars:
- Expanded local control and flexibility
- Doing what works based on scientific research
- Accountability for results
- More options for parents
There are three offices within the Federal Programs Unit
- Office of Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Programs
- Office of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Office of Migrant Education
Connect With Us