You are here
Consolidated Federal Programs Application
2021-2022 Consolidated Application
2021-22 Consolidated Application Opened!
Thank you for your patience during the development and release of the 2021-22 Consolidated Application for ESEA Funds. The Office of ESEA Programs is happy to announce that the 2021-22 Consolidated Application platform is open and applicants may begin utilizing the online system to update their LEA plan responses, as needed, and enter the LEA’s proposed 2021-22 budget.
Our team provided a virtual training on the updated functionality of the platform on Monday, April 12th. If you or any members of your team were unable to participate in the live training, the information was recorded and posted on our ESEA Virtual Training Webpage.
We are transitioning the application’s login access to the Identity Management (IdM) system which will be the same login details used for Data Pipeline, the UIP, and ESSER applications. To use your IdM credentials for the Consolidated Application, your District Local Assess Management (LAM) Group will need to grant you access to the Consolidated Application. For assistance, please use the access assistance form to find your district’s LAM group.
A final change to be aware of in completing the 2021-22 Consolidated Application, is that all applicable Non-Public Consultation Forms will be uploaded in the Consolidated Application directly.
The deadline for a complete application and all applicable documentations is June 30, 2021. If you need additional time to collect the required materials, consult with stakeholders and complete the application, you may submit an Extension Request to email@example.com .
On December 10, 2015, the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), was signed into law. The passage of ESSA provides a much anticipated opportunity to improve achievement outcomes for all students by providing effective programs supported with Titles I, II, III, and IV funding. The new law broadens the allowable uses of title funds and our goal is to help ensure that you understand all of the opportunities this funding affords your LEA.
Under the ESSA, state educational agencies (SEAs) are required to collect local education agency (LEA) plans that address the requirements of the law, as well as descriptions of the activities the LEA will implement with its Title I, II, III, and IV allocations. To meet this requirement, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) has developed, with stakeholder input, a new consolidated application, which includes a set of five cross-program questions, organized around five core elements:
- A comprehensive needs assessment;
- Meaningful, ongoing consultation with parents, teachers and other community members;
- The identification of students in need of additional support;
- Delivery and progress monitoring of evidenced-based student supports; and
- Evaluation of programs and activities funded by the ESSA.
- Based on school and district timelines, conduct a Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA) to identify the needs of students and staff in Title I, Part A schools and the district that may be served with Title I, Part A funds
- Continually identify and progress monitor student needs and align supports and services in Title I, Part A Targeted Assistance programs and Title I, Part A Schoolwide programs, as appropriate
- Ongoing evaluation and consultation should be conducted throughout the year to ensure effective supports and services to staff and students
- Conduct required parent engagement activities pursuant to Titles I, Part A
- Submit ESEA Consolidated Application revisions based on ongoing progress monitoring through the Online Platform
- Consult with all new schools (including charter schools) regarding the ESEA funds the school may be eligible to receive in the following school year. Eligible charter schools must be served with Title I, Part A during the first year of operation and in subsequent years in which the school's enrollment expands significantly
- Attend CDE Regional and Virtual Network Meetings See more
- Submit Request for Funds to Grants Fiscal (once final approval of Consolidated Application is granted)
For Additional Information Contact:
Office of ESEA
Send an email