You are here
Empowering Action for School Improvement (EASI) Application
2020-2021 EASI Application Now Available!
Request Access to the EASI Application
Applications Contacts will receive an email with instructions for accessing the EASI Application.
Online EASI Application
See Contacts section for general or budget-related questions, and application support.
Wednesday, December 16, 2020, by 11:59 pm.
[If applicants are ready to submit prior to 12/16, please do so, as this will allow CDE staff to start the review process and keep on track to award funding in mid-January.]
EASI Application Revision Process Information
- EASI Application Revisions - Office Hours - Recorded 02/01/2021
- Passcode: +2!6Lw5Y
- Webinar Presentation Slides (PDF)
EASI Introduction Videos
- Introduction to EASI
- EASI 2020 Prioritization
- Choosing an External Provider (PDF)
- Overview of the EASI Application
EASI Menu of Supports Introduction Videos
- Overview of Exploration Route
- Alternative Education Campus - Online Diagnostic Review
- District Early Literacy Instructional Program Review
- English Language Development Program Review
District Designed and Led
- Accountability Pathways
- Connect for Success - (Coming soon)
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports
- School Turnaround Network
- School Turnaround Leadership Development
Planning Documents and Forms
The application has been organized into four different routes: Exploration Supports, District Designed and Led, Offered Services, and Piloted Services. The routes have different criteria and ways of awarding funds geared to a specific intent. A summary of the routes and the individual services or opportunities can be found below. Additional details (e.g., eligibility criteria, prioritization guidelines, evaluation requirements, local commitments) for each program or opportunity are available below.
Exploration Supports Route
LEA is interested in funds and/or services to explore a solution (e.g., external diagnostic review, planning, community engagement) for the identified school(s) or particular populations within an identified school. This is a planning phase with a small allocation for implementation activities. The exploration supports include:
- Diagnostic Review
- Stakeholder and Community Engagement Planning
- Improvement Planning
District Designed and Led Improvement Strategies Route
LEA has a plan or is already implementing a plan that meets school(s) needs and is interested in pursuing grant funds to support activities.
Offered Services Route
LEA is interested in applying for an existing CDE service aimed at improving school systems. Services may include a comprehensive approach that includes diagnostic review, planning, and implementation phases.
- Accountability Pathways Planning and Implementation
- Colorado Multi-Tiered System of Supports (CO-MTSS)
- Connect for Success
- School Turnaround Leadership Development Program
- School Turnaround Network
Piloted Services Route
LEAs and schools interested in applying for participation in a new piloted support aimed at improving school systems.
LEA and school staff are invited to participate in the EASI Support Fairs and Provider Expo. These virtual events will provide district and school staff the opportunity to learn about state and federal identification, meet and connect with CDE staff, learn more about supports programs provided through CDE, and connect with external program providers.
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020
- 9 am to 12 pm
- Location: Online
- Register for the EASI Support Fair
Virtual Office Hours
Technical assistance time with CDE staff members (via web-conference) will be available twice a week, on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Dedicated sessions may be scheduled in 20-minute time slots.
- Thursdays: 10 am - 11 am (October 1 – November 19)
- Wednesdays: 3 pm - 4 pm (October 7 - November 18)
- Register Here
Exploration Route Provider Training
View a recorded webinar focused on how providers can best serve partnering schools.
Provider Information and EASI Expo
LEAs and school staff are also invited to a separate virtual event, which will follow the EASI Support Fair. The EASI Provider Expo is an opportunity for districts interested in a support that involves in partnering with an external provider to meet and connect with external program providers.
Several types of external providers will attend the Expo:
- Holistic Diagnostic Review providers
- Providers who are on CDE’s Advisory List of providers for school redesign and improvement, representing the following categories:
- School Improvement Support Providers, focused on one or more of the Four Domains of Rapid School Improvement (PDF) (culture shift, instructional transformation, leadership training and talent development)
- Management Partner Providers
- Leadership Development Providers
- Charter School / Charter Network Providers
- Stakeholder Engagement Specialist Providers
Thursday, November 5, 2020
- 9 am to 11:30 am
- Location: Online
- Registration Link
Prior Year EASI Information
EASI Application Prior Year
Additional Prior Year Resources
With the passage of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and with revisions to the state’s Educational Accountability Act (HB 17-1355), Colorado is taking the opportunity to change the way school improvement (1003a through ESSA and the Transformation grant through HB 17-1355) funds are awarded to LEAs. Rather than multiple applications on separate timelines, CDE now streamlines school improvement opportunities into a single application and using a “needs-based approach” to award services and funding. Ultimately, the intent is to develop a robust process of matching schools’ needs with rigorous, evidence-based strategies and adequate resources. Additionally, awarded funds will enhance districts’ and schools’ ability to meet the ESSA and state requirements (e.g., stakeholder engagement, improvement plan, implementation of evidence-based interventions) in a way that directly benefits students.
Colorado is committed to aligning federal and state accountability to the degree possible. These grant funds are aimed at districts with schools that are designated as (1) Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CS) and Targeted Support and Improvement (TS), Additional Targeted Support and Improvement (A-TS) under ESSA, and (2) Priority Improvement Turnaround or Watch through the state accountability system. Specific eligibility and prioritization requirements for each support is detailed in the Menu of Supports and the application.