The ESEA Office is a sub-office that lives under the Federal Programs Unit. The work of this office is to define program and systems quality and to establish standards, indicators, and protocols with which to assess local programs and systems. The goal is to help build the capacity of the field to implement higher quality programs and systems. Our office seeks to ensure that program applications, review protocols and approval criteria reflect high quality program standards and maximizes efficiency and impact.
The purpose of our work is ensure that the ESEA programs in Colorado provide all children significant opportunity to receive a fair, equitable, and high-quality education and close educational achievement gaps.
The Every Student Succeeds Act Committee of Practitioners serves to advise the CDE in carrying out its responsibilities under the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015. It operates to identify issues across regions of the state and facilitate two-way communication between CDE and the preK-12 education community throughout Colorado.
Tools & Resources
- Guidance for Supplement, Not Supplant for Title I, Part A (Coming soon!!!)
- ESEA Office District Contacts
ESEA Office district contacts by region
- ESEA Technical Assistance Request
- Regional Networking Meetings
- Year at a Glance
- Overview of ESEA Programs - administered by the Federal Programs Unit
- ESSA Information - In December of 2015, President Obama signed into law the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). The title of the reauthorized legislation, which replaces the No Child Left Behind Act, is the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program - Teacher student loan cancellation and forgiveness program information based on the Low Income Directory (TCLI)
Brad Bylsma: Metro and Southwest
Colleen Brooks: Metro, North Central and Northeast
Kirsten Carlile: Metro, Southeast and Pikes Peak
Laura Meushaw: Metro, Southeast and Pikes Peak
Title I Program Specalist
Jennifer Simons: Metro, North Central and Northeast