CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
Visual Impairment: Resources
Tanni Anthony will be offering sessions a Virtual Monthly Professional Learning /Conversations this Fall.
Information for Families of Children and Youth with a Visual Impairment
- SEE THE FUTURE FUND Scholarship Application
This application is for Colorado students who are blind/visually impaired and who are college-bound or currently in a college program.
- American Foundation for the Blind
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Lighthouse International
- National Federation of the Blind
- National Federation of the Blind of Colorado
Colorado Resources and Support Services Specific to Blindness/Visual Impairment
- A Shared Vision: Partners in Pediatric Visual Impairment
- Anchor Center for Blind Children
- Audio Information Network of Colorado
- Colorado Association of the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (CAER) Chapter
- Colorado Center for the Blind Youth Programs
- Colorado Instructional Materials Center
- Colorado Talking Book Library
- Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind
- Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind: Student Employability
- Learning Ally
- University of Northern Colorado's teacher training program in Visual Impairment, which includes coursework in "Orientation and Mobility"
Correspondence Courses, Publication / Video Clip / Website Resources
- American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) Press
- Blind Children's Center (publications)
- Family Connect (articles, videos, personal stories)
- Foundation for the Blind (products)
- Hadley School for the Blind (correspondence courses)
- National Federation of the Blind (publications)
- Paths to Literacy for Students who are Blind/Visually Impaired (literacy resources)
- Perkins School for the Blind (publications)
- Perkins School for the Blind (webcasts specific to blindness/deafblindness)
- Texas School for the Blind (handouts and publications)
- Washington State School for the Blind (video clips on blindness tips)
- AERBVI - Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
- ACB - American Council of the Blind
- ACVREP - Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals
- AFB - American Foundation for the Blind
- APH- The American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
- BANA- Braille Authority of North America
- CEC - Division on Visual Impairment of the Council for Exceptional Children
- COSB - Council for Schools for the Blind
- LI - Lighthouse International
- NBA - National Braille Association
- NFB - National Federation of the Blind
- RRTC - Rehabilitation Research & Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision
- USABA - United States Association for Blind Athletes
- ICEVI - International Council for Education of People with Visual Impairment
- WBU - World Blind Union
For more information on Resources for Visual Impairment including Blindness, please contact:
Tanni Anthony, Blindness/Low Vision Specialist
Email Tanni Anthony
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.