About the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
The primary responsibilities of the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board are:
- Establishing guidelines for the administration of the ASCENT program.
- Advising and assisting local school education providers and institutions of higher education in preparing cooperative agreements.
- Recommending improvements or changes to state policies to better accommodate concurrent enrollment programs.
- Providing recommendations and considerations on waiver provisions necessary for the success of the ASCENT program.
- Preparing and submitting a final report to the state board of education and the Commission on Higher Education, which includes the established administration guidelines and all above recommendations and improvements to advance ASCENT and other concurrent enrollment programs.
Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board Annual Memo
Pursuant to the Concurrent Enrollment Programs Act (section 22-35-107 (7)(a) (b), C.R.S.), the Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board is required to prepare a report and submit it to the State Board of Education and the Colorado Commission on Higher Education regarding any guidelines that the board has established for the administration of the ASCENT program; and any recommendations that the board makes concerning the improvement or updating of state policies relating to concurrent enrollment programs.
2017-2018 Concurrent Enrollment Advisory Board
Susan Clough – Governor appointment
Susan Clough is the Vice President for Administration & Finance at Morgan Community College.
Dr. Heather Exby – DHE appointment
Dr. Heather Exby is the Dean of Colorado Mountain College, Roaring Fork Campus.
Michael Gage – DHE appointment
Michael Gage is the Academic Advisory Director at Pueblo Community College.
Sarah Heath – State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education appointment
Sarah Heath is the State Director/Assistant Provost for Career and Technical Education Colorado Community College System
Dan Hoff – Governor appointment
Dan Hoff is the Director of Career and Technical Education at Colorado Springs District 11.
Rebecca Fernandez Martinez – Governor appointment
Rebecca Fernandez Martinez was formerly with the Denver Scholarship Foundation
Rick Sciacca – CDE appointment
Rick Sciacca works for the La Veta School District.
Tammy Ward - DHE appointment
Tammy Ward is an Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at Community College of Aurora.
Diana Zakhem - CDE appointment
Diana Zakhem is the Director of Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness at Englewood Schools.
Mary Anne Hunter