You are here
Parent and Family Resources
May 3-7, 2021, is Teacher Appreciation Week!
Colorado teachers have gone to great lengths to support students and their families during an extraordinarily difficult year. Teacher Appreciation Week is the perfect time for us to thank teachers for their resilience and adaptability during the pandemic. CDE invites you to participate and give thanks to Colorado's deserving teachers!
There are several ways to participate in the celebration from home:
Thank a teacher on social media
Share a post, image or video on any social media site with your thank you message and the hashtag #ThankATeacherCO. Tell us how your child's teacher has supported them with learning over the last year or give a shout out to a teacher who made a difference in your life. Tag a friend and invite them to also give thanks!
Click here to download, customize and print your own #ThankATeacherCO sign (DOC). No printer? No problem! Break out the markers or crayons and have your children create their own sign thanking a teacher. You can even have them share a photo or drawing of something that a teacher taught them. For example, write out a math equation or pose with a favorite book.
Nominate a teacher for the 2022 Teacher of the Year award
Do you know an outstanding teacher? Nominate them to be the next Colorado Teacher of the Year by filling out this online form. All nominees will be sent an email encouraging them to apply for the awarded position.
For more information about Colorado Teacher of the Year, visit the program webpage.
Share these deals with teachers
Many teachers use their own funds on supplies for their students and classrooms. Several companies recognize this and offer discounts to help teachers alleviate some of the cost. Share this page of deals and discounts with teachers to take advantage of this week and, in some cases, all year long.
- information about the state tests?
- information about a school or school district?
- achievement results or homework help?
- information about the school and district performance frameworks?
The resources listed here are selected to assist families and students in their school-related needs.
For late-breaking news and announcements, be sure to sign up for news from the department’s Communications Division.
Colorado Measures of Academic Success
- Spring 2021 State Assessments (PDF) - This fact sheet explains the changes to assessments for spring 2021. - Updated 3/26/2021
- At a Glance 2020-21 (PDF) - This one-page fact sheet shows which state assessments students take based on grade level and the total time students in each grade will spend taking tests. - Updated 3/26/2021
ACCESS for English Language Learners Testing Fact Sheet
The ACCESS for English Language Learners tests are given each year to help parents, teachers and school leaders understand the progress emerging bilingual students are making in learning English. Read this fact sheet to learn more about State ACCESS tests during COVID-19.English (PDF) Spanish (PDF)
CDE launches campaign on importance of reading to children at home
To increase awareness of the importance of early literacy, the Colorado Department of Education launched a public information campaign to encourage and empower parents to make reading part of their daily routine with their children.
Other Information By Topic
- Colorado Academic Standards
- 2020 Colorado Academic Standards Online
Tool that allows customized views of the 2020 Colorado Academic Standards by content area and grade level.
- Family and Community Guides to the Colorado Academic Standards
Guides offer some learning experiences P-12 students may engage in at school that can also be supported at home.
- 2020 Colorado Academic Standards Online
Early Learning and School Readiness
Graduation and Postsecondary Readiness
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Dropout Prevention and Student Re-Engagement
- Graduation Guidelines / Graduation Requirements:
- Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAPs)
English Language Development
- Parents Encouraging Parents (PEP)
Family, school and community resources and support for parents and children with disabilities
- Parents / Families of a Child with a Disability
- Mental Health and Special Needs
- Special Education home page
Family and School Partnering
Finding a School
- School Choice Options
Councils and Committees
- Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC)
- Gifted Education State Advisory Council
- Migrant Education Program Advisory Council
- State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE)
Other CDE Programs
- Adult Education
- Award and Recognition Programs
- Data Privacy and Security
- Educator Licensing Office
- Federal Programs
- High School Equivalency (GED) Testing
- Health and Wellness
- Homeless Children and Youth
Please Contact CDE with any questions or concerns.