You are here
Parent and Family Resources
- information about the state tests?
- information about a school or school district?
- achievement results or homework help?
- information about the school and district performance frameworks?
The resources listed here are selected to assist families and students in their school-related needs.
For late-breaking news and announcements, be sure to sign up for news from the department’s Communications Division.
Colorado Measures of Academic Success
Understanding Score Reports
These fact sheets can help you understand your student's individual student score reports.
Role of State Assessments
- This fact sheet explains the role of statewide assessments in increasing academic achievement:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit the Assessment Fact Sheets & FAQs webpage to learn more about what the CMAS tests are and how results are used.
Understanding the Colorado Growth Model
Colorado Academic Standards - Helpful Resources
- Know the Difference: Standards vs. Curriculum (PDF)
This fact sheet clarifies the difference between standards and curriculum and how they both inform instruction in the classrooms of Colorado students.
- History, Culture, Social Contributions and Civil Government in Education
This webpage provides background information on the commission created by House Bill 19-1192 to add minority groups into history and civics lessons in public schools. It includes examples of the draft recommended revisions that the State Board of Education will consider for inclusion in the social studies standards. A printable version is also available.
CDE launches campaign on the importance of reading to children at home
To increase awareness of the importance of early literacy, the Colorado Department of Education launched a public information campaign to encourage and empower parents to make reading part of their daily routine with their children.
Other Information By Topic
- 2020 Colorado Academic Standards Online
Tool that allows customized views of the 2020 Colorado Academic Standards by content area and grade level.
- Family and Community Guides to the Colorado Academic Standards
Guides offer some learning experiences P-12 students may engage in at school that can also be supported at home.
Early Learning and School Readiness
Graduation and Postsecondary Readiness
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Dropout Prevention and Student Re-Engagement
- Graduation Guidelines / Graduation Requirements:
- Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAPs)
English Language Development
- Parents Encouraging Parents (PEP)
Family, school and community resources and support for parents and children with disabilities
- Parents / Families of a Child with a Disability
- Mental Health and Special Needs
- Special Education home page
Family and School Partnering
Finding a School
- School Choice Options
Councils and Committees
- Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC)
- Gifted Education State Advisory Council
- Migrant Education Program Advisory Council
- State Advisory Council for Parent Involvement in Education (SACPIE)
Other CDE Programs
- Adult Education
- Award and Recognition Programs
- Data Privacy and Security
- Educator Licensing Office
- Federal Programs
- High School Equivalency (GED) Testing
- Health and Wellness
- Homeless Children and Youth
Please Contact CDE with any questions or concerns.