You are here
As a response to COVID-19 and to ensure safety of educator applicants and CDE staff members through social distancing, the Licensing office will no longer have in-person operating hours.
If you can't find the answer to your question on this website, please:
- Send your questions via email to email@example.com
- Or call and leave a voicemail at 303-866-6628
We will be retrieving voicemails daily and returning your phone messages within 24 business hours.
Welcome to the new Educator Talent website! Our mission is to develop, deploy and support talent management and human capital development strategies for districts and schools so that the most effective educators are in every school and classroom and all students are prepared for college, career, and life. Visit our About Us page to learn more about the Educator Talent Division.
- Educators: teachers, principals, administrators, and special services providers (see list of Special Services Providers)
- Educators licensed outside Colorado: out-of-state educators and international teachers
- Educator authorizations: substitute, career and technical education (CTE) and others (see full list of Colorado educator authorizations)
- Districts/ BOCES
- Superintendents, assistant superintendents
- Human resources directors, licensure coordinators
- District/BOCES leaders and administrators
- Charter leaders and administrators
Educator Talent Policy Updates
Visit the Educator Talent Policy Updates webpage to learn more about policy, rules, and educator shortage grants being implemented by the Educator Talent Division.
- New Principal Resources website available for school leaders
- Planning for Educator Evaluations in the 2020-2021 School Year
- Public Educator Effectiveness Metrics refreshed with 2017-18 data
- Educator Talent COVID-19 Updates (including educator effectiveness, licensing, and preparation)
- CDE Teacher Loan Forgiveness webpage updated to include information on COVID-19 relief for federal student loan borrowers
- Interactive dashboard enables analysis of Educator Preparation Programs
- Participate in Colorado Career Conversations training
- TEACH Colorado has officially launched
- Local Flexibility for Educator Evaluation resources available
- New Teacher of Record License and Grant Program
- Teacher-Student Data Link (TSDL) Collection Update for 2019-2020
- Student Teacher/In-Field Experience fingerprint process now available
- Understanding the English Learner Professional Learning requirements for teachers with a professional license