You are here
COVID-19 Transportation Guidance
CDE's top priority is the health and safety of all students, educators and communities in Colorado. The department has compiled school transportation-related resources below to help provide guidance to schools and districts during this time.
Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
- The ALT Fuels Colorado grant program will open a call for applications beginning Monday, November 2nd, 2020. The application will remain open for a two-month period, closing Thursday, December 31st at 5:00 PM MST. Fleets are welcome to review the version listed on our website currently, with the understanding that some program elements will change.
- NEW Given the extraordinary circumstances associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, the CDC has recommended that buses provide clearly visible signage to communicate the symptoms students should not have if traveling on a bus. These are recommendations, not requirements. If indeed a school district, charter school, or service provider determines that they wish to provide this signage 1 CCR 301-25, rule 26.08 outlines the requirements that must be met. Additionally, CDE has issued guidance with pre-approval for COVID-related signage as long as it is in the specified locations and meets all other requirements of the rule to this rule. CDE Pre-Approval of COVID 19 School Transportation Signage
- NEW School Transportation Exemptions - July 2020
- DRAFT Guidance from CDE about school transportation for 2020-21
- FMCSA Notice of Enforcement Discretion Determination: Random Controlled Substance and Alcohol Testing
- COVID-19 Transportation Q & A
- Includes guidance on Cleaning/Disinfecting, Annual Inspectors/Annual Inspections, Drug and Alcohol Testing, etc.
- Upcoming Training
- View News Archive
- 2020 CDE School Bus, Multifunction, and Motor Coach Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle Route and Activity Operator Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Transportation Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2020 CDE Annual Inspection and Maintenance Resource Guide (PDF)
- 2020 Qualification Files - Documentation Required (PDF)
- 2020-21 License and Training Matrix (PDF)
- CDE - 40 Audit Resource Guide and Claim Form (PDF)
- Colorado Interactive Driver History (DOC) (MVR Service)
- Clarifications and concerns on Railroad Crossings in the State (DOC)
- Child Restraint Systems on School Bus (NHTSA)
- Colorado Child Passenger Safety Law
- NHTSA - School Bus Driver In-Service Refresher Modules
- Colorado Safe Routes to School
- Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA)
- Safe Routes to School Guide: Determining School Bus Stops
- Kansas Illegal Passing Survey
- NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) - NEW School Bus Driver On-Line Curriculum