You are here
Health and Wellness
Office of Health and Wellness
About Health and Wellness
The Office of Health and Wellness supports districts, BOCES, and schools in their efforts to develop and sustain practices that equitably support the whole child and builds a culture of health and wellness for all students, families, and staff in Colorado PK-12 schools. This office focuses on supports related to health education, school health-related services, and grants.
News and Announcements
With the day-to-day stressors of managing Covid receding, new (and not-so-new) pressures on K-12 education are swirling. The Colorado Department of Education is proud to sponsor the 3rd Annual Distinguished Speakers Series – and bring you some of the nation’s leading education voices who will address the state’s most critical and important issues. Join us this Fall & Spring for an amazing virtual lineup of some of the country’s leading voices on what students and educators need NOW to help our schools succeed.
- February 21, 2023 3:30 - 4:30 - Ruthless Equity
- February 28, 2023 3:30 - 4:30 Divesity, Equity & Inclusion: What Matters Most & What Matters NOW!
- March 7, 2023 3:30 - 4:30 Taking Action : How to Systemically Close Learning Gaps & Ensure High Levels of Learning for All Students
Programs and Grants
- Brain Injury Grant - Brain STEPS CO Program
- Comprehensive Health Education Grant
- Comprehensive Physical Education Pilot Grant
- Menstrual Hygiene Products Accessibility Grant Program
- Project AWARE
- School Health Professional Grant Program
- School Health Services, Colorado Access (Medicaid)
- School Nurse Workforce Grant
- Student Wellness Grant
- Title V Grant
Connections Across CDE