You are here
Accountability, Performance and Support
Update on Accountability for 2022:
For Information about the state accountability process, visit:
State Accountability: This page describes resources on 2022 state accountability, including guidance and fact sheets.
District and School Performance Frameworks: This page includes access to reports called the District Performance Frameworks (DPFs) and School Performance Frameworks (SPFs). These reports include information abotu district and school performance reatings and inform the school accreditation process. In 2022, the frameworks are referred to as School and District Transitional Frameworks.
State Accountability Data Tools & Reports: This page links to data visualization tools and resources that are available to support the work of education stakeholders.
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) has approved the state’s waiver to make some adjustments to the ESEA identification process (e.g. Comprehensive Support and Improvement, Targeted Support and Improvement) in light of the two-year pause. For information on the ESEA identification process, visit the CDE ESSA State Plan website.
Unified Improvement Planning:
For information on creating, submitting and implementing a Unified Improvement Plan, visit the Unified Improvement Planning (UIP) website.
Link to flat files of district and school preliminary framework results
Link to resources, webinars and training regarding state accountability
Link to common questions for accountability this year
Link to announcements regarding school and district accountability
Colorado's system of school and district accountability is primarily designed to provide valid and actionable information regarding the progress of all students toward meeting the state academic standards and prioritize support for schools and districts identified for academic improvements.CDE's School Quality and Support Division (formerly Accountability, Performance, and Support) is comprised of the offices of Accountability & Data Analysis, Unified Improvement Planning, School and District Support and Schools of Choice. Together, these offices support Colorado's schools and school districts throughout the cycle of continuous improvement.
- (9/02/2022) Accountability Update (DOC)
- (8/29/2022) Accountability Update (DOC)
- (08/24/2022) Accountability Update (DOC)
- (08/05/2022) Accountability Updates (DOC)
- (6/23/2022) Accountability Updates (PDF)
- (4/19/2022) Accountability Rulemaking and Public Comment (PDF)
- (4/11/2022) Accountability, UIP and Industry Credential Collection (PDF)
- (2/18/2022) Accountability Bill and ESSA Waiver (PDF)
- (2/17/2022) Accountability 2022 (state and federal), TLCC extension and UIP system rollover (PDF)
- (01/11/2022) Accountability Update and TLCC Survey Reminder (PDF)
- (09/13/2021) Baseline Growth Overview and State Results 2021 (PDF)
- (08/23/2021) :Growth, Request to Reconsider (PDF)
- (08/02/2021) Growth Reporting (PDF)
- (05/05/2021) - Assessments, Industry Credential, Growth, Accreditation, UIP
- (04/14/2021) - Accountability Year 2 Pause, UIP rollover, Accreditation, Request to Reconsider
- For more information on EVALUATE (school and district ratings), see State Accountability webpage.
- For more information on ASSESS NEEDS AND PLAN (school and district improvement plans), see Unified Improvement Plan webpage.
- For more information on IMPLEMENT (available supports for schools and districts), see District and School Support webpage.
- For more information on INTERVENE (Accountability Clock or Performance Watch), see Accountability Clock webpage.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.