What is SEFAC?
SEFAC was established in 2006 by House Bill 06-1375 and is the Special Education Fiscal Advisory Committee. The committee is charged with the allocation of an annual appropriation, currently $4 million. The committee has the discretion to award grants to administrative units for students with disabilities who qualify as “high cost” students. In addition to analyzing the high cost applications and awarding grants to administrative units, the SEFAC produces an annual report to the legislature which includes special education data from the collection year, current fiscal year and changes the committee recommends regarding the manner of distributing funds to Administrative Units for special education programs through the Exceptional Children’s Educational Act (ECEA).
High Cost Allocation Timeline
- January: Applications open January, 2020.
- March: Applications due March 2, 2020.
- April: High Cost applications are reviewed by SEFAC. All recommended applications are submitted to the State Board of Education.
- May: The State Board of Education grants approval of the recommended allocations at the May meeting.
- Email notifications are sent
- Allocation payments will be posted to the SEFAC website.
- All approved High Cost allocation payments must be distributed.
******Funding in a previous year does not guarantee funding in the current year.
******Notifications - Emailed to all Administrative Unit/BOCES Special Education Directors. General announcements are published in the CDE Scoop.
High Cost Application
Coming in January, 2020.
SEFAC Annual Allocations
Technical assistance will be available between normal business hours 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Phone: (303) 866-6442
Email Vicki Graham
Phone: (303) 866-6639
Email Moira Blake
Project Support Specialist
Email Kim Boylan
If you have problems finding something and/or questions about our website, please Email our Web Coordinator and be sure to copy the URL into the email to reference the page with the problem.