You are here
Special Education Fiscal Advisory Committee (SEFAC)
What is SEFAC?
SEFAC was established in 2006 by House Bill 06-1375 and is the Special Education Fiscal Advisory Committee. The committee is charged with the allocation of an annual appropriation, currently $4 million. The committee has the discretion to award grants to administrative units for students with disabilities who qualify as “high cost” students. In addition to analyzing the high cost applications and awarding grants to administrative units, the SEFAC produces an annual report to the legislature which includes special education data from the collection year, current fiscal year and changes the committee recommends regarding the manner of distributing funds to Administrative Units for special education programs through the Exceptional Children’s Educational Act (ECEA).
High Cost Allocation Timeline
- February: Applications due February 28, 2020.
- April: High Cost applications are reviewed by SEFAC. All recommended applications are submitted to the State Board of Education.
- May: The State Board of Education grants approval of the recommended allocations at the May meeting.
- Email notifications are sent
- Allocation payments will be posted to the SEFAC website.
- All approved High Cost allocation payments must be distributed.
******Funding in a previous year does not guarantee funding in the current year.
******Notifications - Emailed to all Administrative Unit/BOCES Special Education Directors. General announcements are published in the CDE Scoop.
High Cost Applications
- For 2019-20 collected in 2021, posting TBD.
SEFAC Annual Allocations
Phone: (303) 866-6442
Email Vicki Graham
Phone: (303) 866-6639
Email Moira Blake
Email Kim Boylan
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.