You are here
Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee (CSEAC)
Vacancies & Application
CSEAC has openings for new members. For more information see the memo and application below.
Scheduled Meetings 2023-2024
- September 21, 2023 from 8:30 – 3:00 PM at Wheat Ridge Recreation Center, Dahlia Room
- November 16, 2023 from 8:30 – 3:00 PM at Wheat Ridge Recreation Center, Dahlia Room
- February 15, 2024 from 8:30 – 3:00 PM VIRTUAL interested attendees please email Donahue_b@cde.state.co.us for the link
- April 18, 2024 from 8;30 – 3:00 PM at Wheat Ridge Recreation Center, Dahlia Room
- CSEAC Membership Information (PDF) (2 pages)
- CSEAC Bylaws, Updated 2020 (PDF) (6 pages)
- 2021-2022 CSEAC Membership Roster (PDF)
- 2022 - 2023 Meeting Dates
- September 27, 2022
- November 17, 2022
- February 23, 2023
- April 20, 2023
CSEAC is a state level committee mandated by federal and state law. Members are interested in the quality of education received by children/youth with disabilities. The committee includes parents of and individuals with disabilities, educational service providers, administrators and representatives from a variety of related agencies. Participation is statewide and representative of diverse disabilities.
Standing Subcommittees are:
- Communications - Formulates and carries out plans to exchange information statewide.
- Membership - Searches for and proposes new committee members to serve for six years (three 2-year terms).
- Public Policy and Legislation - Stays abreast of and disseminates information affecting education of children/youth with disabilities through electronic mail to members.
- Student Outcomes - Advises on the development and implementation of the Colorado Special Education State Performance Plan.
All learners are respected and challenged with high expectations, their needs are met, and student aspirations for success are fulfilled.
Our mission is to actively represent children/youth with disabilities and impact decisions made on their behalf to enhance the quality of educational services.
People First Information
Here you will find a brochure and poster promoting people first language. Please feel free to print them.
To contact a CSEAC member or for further information:
David Ramer, Program Assistant
Phone: (303) 866-6943
Email David Ramer
Please state that your email message is for CSEAC.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed on this webpage are those of the Colorado Special Education Advisory Committee and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Colorado Department of Education or the Colorado State Board of Education.
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.