Each year all public school districts across the state of Colorado participate in the Student October Count data submission to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE). The purpose of this data collection is to obtain required student level data as provided for by state statute, including information regarding students’ funding eligibility and lunch eligibility (“Free”, “Reduced”, or “Paid”) as outlined in the Public School Finance Act of 1994 (Section 22-54-101, C.R.S.). The Colorado Department of Education collects these data through the Data Pipeline with the Information Management Services (IMS) unit of CDE overseeing the collection.
In an effort to ensure accurate reporting of those data fields associated with student and at-risk funding, the Field Analyst Support Team (FAST) of the School Finance Unit for the Colorado Department of Education conducts periodic compliance audits of each district’s student October count data, including a review of documentation to support free lunch eligibility.
- At-Risk/Free Lunch Count Audit Resource Guide for 2016 (PDF) (6/28/16)
- At-Risk Count Resource Guide for 2015 (PDF) (07/16)
A better quality recording will be posted by the end of July
- Family Economic Data Survey for 2017-2018- English (DOC)
- Family Economic Data Survey for 2017-2018 - Spanish (DOC)
- Family Economic Data Survey Instructions 2017-2018 - English (DOC)
- Family Economic Data Survey Instructions 2017-2018 - Spanish (DOC)