You are here
PWR Playbook and PWR Practices, Tools, and Resources
- a how-to-guide designed by and for practitioners, and
- a searchable data base of stories, curricula, lesson plans, practices, and videos
- launched Oct 2020
Regional Conversations - PWR Symposia
Join your peers from neighboring schools and districts for a Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR) Symposium to talk about implementing PWR initiatives. Engage in strategic conversations about capstone, work-based learning, industry certifications, and ICAP.
Consider hosting a PWR Symposium next year for your colleagues and those in neighboring districts. Contact Robin Russel, 303.866.2908, email@example.com.
Colorado's PWR/ICAP Facilitators Available for Technical Assistance
ICAP Facilitators work with neighboring school and district teams to answer questions about PWR initiatives – including ICAP – and they facilitate the culture of Meaningful Career Conversations among all staff with all students.
Hers's what PWR/ICAP Facilitators can do for you! (no cost)
- Foster creative thinking to enhance your ICAP process;
- Teach processes for all staff to have meaningful career conversations with students;
- Collaborate with programs across the school/district/region;
- Train additional regional representatives for implementation sustainability;
- Design and facilitate PWR/ICAP Trainings in your region;
- Teach and Navigate the ICAP toolkit;
- Message and foster buy-in, enthusiasm and relevance for secondary initiatives; and
- Explore, share, refine and replicate promising practices.
Katrina Ruggles, ICAP Facilitator, with a student
Here's what you can do!
- Email the closest facilitator listed below
- Provide contact information, several best times to connect, and a vision for what you need
- Host the conversation and provide a computer, projector, screen, internet access, and other tools or supplies
- Encourage attendees (at least 5): Administrators, school counselor(s), classroom teachers, support staff, business/community members, and other staff: CTE, SpEd/Transition, Technology, and postsecondary reps.
- San Luis Valley:
- Katrina Ruggles: KRuggles@center.k12.co.us
- Jody Sniff: Jody.Sniff@gmail.com
- Colorado Springs and South:
- Northeast: - open
- North Central:
- Tyler Schlagel: Tyler.Schlagel@thompsonschools.org
- Denver Metro area:
- North Denver/Boulder area:
- Tracy Thompson Walsh: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summit County and Mountain West - open
- Mesa 51 and Western Slope
- Andrea Bolton: Andrea.Bolton@d51schools.org
Access the guidance, stories and practices created by ICAP champions from around the state in the PWR Playbook (launched in October 2020). And learn from your peers about the Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR) practices in the related, sharable data base, PWR Practices, Tools, and Resources
Developed and gathered by ICAP Facilitators.
- Avoiding Misfires
- Career and College Readiness for Learners of All Age
- Rich Feller Briefing- Liberal Arts
- Knowledge Nomads for a Changing Workplace
Concurrent Enrollment & ASCENT
School Counselor Corps Grant
FAFSA Completion Project (Dep't of Higher Ed, Colorado)
- PWR Playbook: guidance, stories, resources designed by and for practitioners
- PWR Practices, Tools, and Resources: searchable data base
- It takes a Village Other Tools and Presentations
- Life Beyond High School
- Other Tools and Presentations
- Readiness Development Tool
Parent Presentation on ICAP
Postsecondary Adult ICAP