You are here
READ Budget Submissions
2020-2021 Budget Revisions Due March 1, 2021
LEPs will access the READ Act budget submission through the READ Data Collection website.
To get permission to login into the READ budget submission you will need to contact your Local Access Manager (LAM) and have them assign you to the "READACTBUDGET" group.
All Local Education Providers (LEPs) are required to revise 2020-21 READ budgets to match actual allocation amounts. LEPs can make budget revisions starting in November of 2020. All budget revisions need to be finalized by March 1, 2021.
LEPs should submit budget revisions for the following reasons:
- Changes to reflect actual costs and updates to line items to reflect final allocations.
- Need approval for new activities not included in the last approved budget.
- Changes to programming such as Core, Supplemental, or Intervention.
- Changes among object categories such as salaries, benefits, etc.
Submit revisions here.
2020-2021 Budget Revision & 2021-2022 Budget Submission Timeline
2020-2021 READ budget revision window open
November 30, 2020 - March 1, 2021
2021-2022 READ budget submission window open
April 1, 2021 - June 30, 2021
Updates to Statutory Requirements
In addition to reporting a budget and budget narrative annually:
- The allowable uses of per-pupil intervention money expands to include purchasing CDE approved core reading instructional programs and purchasing technology, including software, to assist in assessing and monitoring student progress.
- CDE is required to monitor and, if necessary, audit district use of the per-pupil intervention funds throughout the budget year.
- The amount of per-pupil intervention money a district may retain from year to year cannot exceed 15 percent.
- Some of the READ intervention funds are redirected to the external program evaluation, state provided teacher training, public information campaign, and early literacy grant program, thereby reducing the per-pupil distribution to districts.
Allowable Uses of Per-Pupil Intervention Funds
- Operate a summer school literacy program
- Purchase core reading instructional programs that are included on the READ Act advisory list of instructional programming
- Purchase and/or provide approve targeted, evidence-based or scientifically based intervention services to students which may include services provided by a reading interventionist
- Purchase tutoring services focused in increasing students’ foundational reading skills
- Provide technology, including software that is on the advisory list of instructional programming; may include professional development for use of technology
- Purchase from a BOCES the services of a reading specialist or reading interventionist
- Provide professional development programming to support K-3 educators in teaching reading
The P-3 office will be hosting informational webinars on the new budget reporting requirement outlined in SB19-199. This new budget reporting requirement will take place during the 2019-20 data collection window.
Feb 26, 2020
Feb 5, 2020
January 22, 2020
January 7, 2020
December 19, 2019
- This webinar was not recorded
- 12/19/20 Webinar Power Point
Literacy Business Analyst