You are here
Elementary Literacy and School Readiness Office
We partner with educators and leaders to support the implementation of high-quality evidence based practices in literacy and school readiness.
By focusing on strategic issues that support educational policies, the institutional capacity, and adult capabilities that support strong foundations we will promote ready systems that lead to high-quality elementary literacy and school readiness for all students in kindergarten through fifth grade.
Elementary Literacy and School Readiness Office Approach
A growing body of research supports the knowledge that academic and social skills acquired by age eight provide the foundation for lifelong learning and success. The first decade of a child’s life is the most opportune time to influence learning paths and ensure the very best outcomes for all children.
The Elementary Literacy and School Readiness Office includes the following teams:
- READ Act implementation: instructional programming reviews and assessment reviews
- Kindergarten through 3rd grade literacy professional learning
- READ Act data collections
- Kindergarten school readiness
- Literacy grants (Comprehensive Literacy State Development Grant, Early Literacy Grant, and Early Literacy Assessment Tool)