An endorsed diploma for biliteracy is a credential given by a Colorado school or district recognizing students who have studied and attained proficiency in two or more languages by high school graduation. An endorsed diploma encourages students to pursue biliteracy skills that are attractive to future employers and college admissions office. The following is guidance provided by the Senate Bill 17-123 to guide districts through implementing the pathway of the endorsed diploma for biliteracy.
- Senate Bill 17-123
- Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma Endorsement for Biliteracy (PDF)
- Approved Criteria for Assessments for the High School Diploma Endorsement (PDF) is available to Districts and Schools that do not have Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate Exams.
- Approved Criteria for Body of Evidence (PDF) is available to Districts and Schools that do not have Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate or Exams.
- Submission to Post District Criteria Body of Evidence and/or District Assessment for the High School Diploma Endorsement for Biliteracy (PDF)
The Colorado Department of Education is obligated to make available Body of Evidence and District Assessments approved in Colorado available to LEAs upon request.
Districts and Schools Implementing Diploma Endorsement for Biliteracy
Adams County 14
Denver Public Schools
Eagle County School District
Districts Implementing (Year denotes 1st year to graduate a student)
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools (2019)
- Aurora Public Schools (2018)
- Bayfield School District (2019)
- Boulder Valley School District (2018)
- Colorado Early Colleges , all campuses (2019)
- Colorado Virtual Academy (2020)
- Douglas County School District (2019)
- Estes Park School District (2019)
- Greeley Evans School District 6 (2019)
- Jeffco Public Schools (2019)
- Lake County School District (2018)
- Mesa District 51 (2017)
- Moffat School District (2019)
- New America School - Lowry Campus (2019)
- Poudre School District (2018)
- School District 27J (2019)
- Steamboat Springs School District (2019)
- St. Vrain Valley School District (2019)
- Summit School District (2017)
- Thompson School District (2018)
- Valiant Academy (2020)
- Victory Preparatory Academy High School - Colorado Charter School Institute (2019)
High School Diploma Endorsement for Biliteracy Certificate Templates
For technical assistance, please contact Lulu Buck at email@example.com or 303-866-6198.