You are here
Homeless Education Data
On the December 8, 2022 Highly Mobile Youth Professionals Peer-to-Peer conversation, Suzanne Peck from the National Center for Homeless Education shared important data on homelessness in Colorado. Review the slides and listen-in to the recording to consider new ways to use this data in driving the services and supports your district provides.
Zoom Recording Link and Access Code: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/gKplgggjxU68UBHcO8AXBQeVyEY94yj436dNOSBSMy0xDtgmGzveRrTXxupJvGm1.DHWbtetTrSJ98ILt
Interactive Homeless Education Data Maps
This dashboard provides interactive data for homeless education for years 2015-2016 through 2019-2020.
You can explore data by county, including graduation and completion rates, and liaison contact information is included.
Homeless Student Count Data
- Student Dropout Data (For homeless-specific data, search for dropout data by instructional program)
- Student Graduation Data (For homeless-specific data, search for graduation data by instructional program)
- Student Mobility Data (For homeless-specific data, search for mobility data by instructional program)
- Free and Reduced Lunch Rates
- Federal ED Data Express tool - browse education data by state (For homeless-specific data, choose the McKinney-Vento program)
Resources & Posters: Homeless Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness
- Homeless Education: Issue Briefs on an array of issues related to the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act and its implementation
- The Most Frequently Asked Question on the Educational Rights of Children and Youth in Homeless Situations
- Determining Homelessness by the Definition - Best Practices from National Center for Homeless Education
Connect With Us