You are here
Educational Stability Grant
Cohort II Educational Stability Grant Request for Application Documentation (RFA)
The RFA Materials included below are provided for reference purposes only. The grant competition finalized in Spring 2022.
- Request for Application (Word)- for reference only; applicants must complete the online application
- Budget Workbook (Excel)- to be completed and submitted via email
- NEW! Educational Stability - Application Information Webinar & PowerPoint
Congratulations to the FY-2022 Educational Stability Grantees
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- CSI-New Legacy Charter
- Greeley-Evans Weld County School District 6
- Poudre School District
- Pueblo County School District
- Silverton School District 1
- Thompson School District R2-J
History of the Grant Program
In 2018, Colorado passed House Bill 18-1306; Concerning Ensuring Educational Stability for Students in Out-of-Home Placement. This bill included the creation of the Educational Stability Grant Program, which is intended to support educational stability of highly mobile students. In this context, highly mobile refers to students who experience (or are at risk of experiencing) multiple school moves during their K-12 education outside of regular grade promotion. This includes youth in foster care, those experiencing homelessness, and migrant students. These student groups experience low graduation rates, high dropout rates, and tend to be disproportionately represented in disciplinary actions and are above the state average in special education designations.
Goals of the Grant Program
To improve educational experiences and outcomes for the following student populations that are negatively affected by high mobility:
- Foster Care (or out-of-home placement)
- Homeless/Unaccompanied homeless youth
Intent of the Grant Program
The intent of the Educational Stability Grant Program is to provide academic and social-emotional services and supports to highly mobile students. The purpose of this funding opportunity is to remove educational barriers and support educational stability. The emphasis is on improving school attendance, reducing behavioral and discipline incidents, increasing grade-level promotion, reducing dropout rate, and increasing graduation and completion rates.
Educational Stability Grant contact: