You are here
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)
Applying to the FFVP
Elementary schools are selected for the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program annually through a simple application process. Priority goes to schools with the highest free and reduced enrollment. Interested schools must submit a completed application by the defined deadline.
School year 2022-23 FFVP applications are closed. Applicants must:
- Be an elementary school.
- Begin FFVP operations at the start of the school year.
- Participate in the National School Lunch and/or School Breakfast Program.
- Have a 50%, or more, students who are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch. Preference will be given to those schools with the highest eligibility percentage.
- To determine eligibility, SFAs must use the 2021 PK-12 Free and Reduced Lunch Eligibility by School Data (XLS)
How to Apply:
- Market and promote the FFVP to eligible elementary schools
- Gain support and buy-in from teachers, staff and principals and/or superintendents
- Establish an implementation plan that includes service methods and frequency, integration of nutrition education, FFVP marketing and promotion and overall program administration and monitoring
PK-12 Free/Reduced Enrollment & Percent Data from October Pupil count
Request a Waiver:
The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program may be served at an alternate site or have a parent/guardian pick up fruits and vegetables when impacted by COVID-19. This flexibility will only be allowable when the sponsor, county and/or operations are impacted by COVID-19 and will require approval from CDE to implement this flexibility. Sponsors must apply via the FFVP waiver request form and obtain CDE approval to use the FFVP alternate site or parent pick-up waiver.
Program Forms & Templates
USDA Regulations & Resources
For more information or if an alternate version of a document is needed, please contact Vivien Skrupskis or 720-672-4243.