CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
READ Plan Working Group
READ Plan Working Group
In 2018, CDE established a READ Plan Working Group to review the creation and use of READ plans to improve their effectiveness in response to House Bill 18-1393 . The Working Group was tasked with developing recommendations regarding changes to regulations and the department's level of technical assistance and communication to local education providers.
The Working Group was comprised of educators in grades K – 3, upper grade teachers, parents, principals, district leaders, and literacy experts representing districts from across the state, including small rural/rural, urban and suburban districts. Members of the Working Group were selected through an application process in August 2018 and met bi-monthly through December 2019.
Click here to review the list of members.
Working Group Report
The recommendations of the Working Group were submitted to the State Board of Education at their January 9, 2020 meeting and to the education committees of the House of Representatives and the Senate by February 1, 2020 by the Commissioner of Education as required by law.
- Monday, November 26, 2018; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Friday, January 18, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Thursday, March 7, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street Lakewood, CO 80226
- Friday, May 3, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Monday, June 17, 2019; Adams 12 School District Conference, 1500 East 128th Avenue, Thornton, Colorado 80241
- Monday, August 5, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Thursday, October 3, 2019; MindSpark Learning, 455 South Pierce Street, Lakewood, CO 80226
- VIRTUAL MEETING- Thursday, December 5, 2019
- READ Act overview. This document provides general information about the READ Act.
- The 2018 READ Act Legislative Report. This is the most recent report provided to the Colorado legislature.
- FAQs. This provides some helpful information in a question and answer format.
- A READ Act assessment timeline. This provides a visual on assessment as it relates to the READ Act.
- The READ Act
- The READ Act rules adopted by the State Board of Education. The rules augment the requirements in state law.