You are here
CDE-Provided Training for Principals/Administrators
Explore CDE-Provided Principal/Administrator Training Options
Principal/Administrator Course Details:
- Registration for the online asynchronous training “Building a Strong Foundation for Lifelong Literacy Success for Principals/Administrators” by the Public Consulting Group, Inc. is open.
- IMPORTANT: There are two options.
- 20 hour option for those who have never completed approved training that meets the READ Act requirements.
- 5 hour option for those who have completed an approved teacher training and ONLY need to meet the additional principal/administrator training sections that address the Colorado Principal Literacy Standards
- After registering, participants will receive access to the pre-assessment for the course in the Pepper Learning Experience Platform. PLEASE NOTE: Some district filters send notifications from Pepper to SPAM or JUNK folders so check all folder options if it has been over 1 week since you requested access.
- Access to the course will be available to all registered participants until they fully complete the course and pass the end of course assessment.
- Completion of all course modules and a score of 80% or higher on the end of course assessment are required to meet the evidence-based training requirement.
- K-3 principals/administrators that have not completed the READ Act teacher training requirement must complete 20 hours of training that includes 15 hours of evidence-based training in the science of reading and 5 hours of training that addresses the Colorado Principal Literacy Standards.
- K-3 principals/administrators that have completed the READ Act teacher training requirement must complete 5 hours of training that addresses the Colorado Principal Literacy Standards.
- Proof of completion of the teacher training requirement must be submitted to access the 5 hour online K-3 Prinicipal/Administrator Training.
- The form linked in the button above includes the step to submit proof of completion documentation.
- Review of proof of completion documentation may take up to two weeks, please plan accordingly.
Stakeholder Team Course Content Review Details
Key stakeholders in each region were involved in sharing in-depth feedback on the Principal/Administrator Science of Reading course content.
Course Registration, Access Information, User Tips and FAQs
For questions about online course registration or platform support email PepperSupport@pcgus.com.
For questions about the CDE-Provided Principal/Administrator Training options email ReadActTraining@cde.state.co.us.
For all other questions related to the READ Act email ReadAct@cde.state.co.us.
13.01(D)(2)(c): Successfully completed a training provided by CDE or included on the advisory list of rigorous professional development programs provided by CDE pursuant to section 22-7-1209(2)(c) and passed the end of course assessment of learning.
Educators will submit evidence of meeting the evidence-based training requirement to the CDE through the Colorado Online Licensing (COOL) system.
Important Dates for Administrators and Principals
August 1, 2024: evidence-based training designed for principals/administrators in the science of reading must be completed
August 15, 2024: documentation must be submitted to the Colorado Online Licensing (COOL) system
District informs administrators and principals of the option to register for the CDE-provided online principal/administrator training and provides information on how to register.
District maintains a record of which administrators and principals have met this requirement.
District reports this information to the CDE upon request.
Please note: administrators and principals must retain all documentation.
Administrator or principal registers for the CDE-provided online training.
Administrator or principal completes the CDE-provided online training and takes the end of course assessment earning a passing score.
Administrator or principal receives a certificate of completion which notes that he/she has successfully passed the end of course assessment.
- Administrator or principal submits his/her certificate of completion through the Colorado Online Licensing (COOL) system by linking his/her Pepper and COOL accounts following the steps below.
Log in to his/her COOL account.
Select “My Profile”.
Select “Designations” in the Credential section of their profile.
Select the “Link My Pepper Account” link and follow the instructions.
The link will take him/her to Pepper
Log in using his/her Pepper account credentials
- Upon successful completion of this process, a confirmation statement will appear in the green bar beneath the “Link to Pepper” instructions.
- Once your account is linked, choose the (+) Designation option next to the link to your professional principal license, choose READ Act Administrator from the drop down and follow the prompts to also upload a PDF of your Pepper completion certificate
- Once this designation has been added to the license, the administrator or principal receives and saves a copy of documentation from the CDE verifying the “READ Act Administrator" designation has been added to their CDE file.
- Administrator or principal provides the district with documentation of successful completion of course requirements.