CDE will be closed on Monday, May 25 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
Content Tests - Praxis, PLACE, NES, ASWB
Approved Content Tests
For the demonstration of content knowledge and skill, the Colorado State Board of Education has approved:
- most PLACE assessments, designed and developed specifically for Colorado (see the endorsement page for exceptions)
- a number of specific PRAXIS assessments
- the NES #404 Mandarin assessment
- the ASWB masters, clinical or advanced generalist exam
- The last administration of all PLACE exams and the NES exam was May 6, 2017; passing test scores will be accepted for five years until May 6, 2022, for current, correlating endorsement areas only. Please consult the endorsement page for more information and a list of current and discontinued endorsements.
- Please ensure that the test for which you are registering is the exam approved by the Colorado State Board of Education for the endorsement you are seeking.
***Registration begins May 15, 2020, for PRAXIS at Home, ETS's latest option for the nation's 30 most administered exams, with another 10 available beginning June 1. These and other exams will remain available to in-person testing once centers re-open (anticipated June 2020).***
- Please visit the ETS website for the latest information on test center closures, cancellations, rescheduling needs and other accommodations.
- CDE does not provide score information or reports for current or previously taken PLACE, PRAXIS or NES exams. Applicants need to contact the prospective exam provider directly to receive these reports:
*PLACE test-takers will need to complete and submit a request in order to receive another copy of their score reports: http://www.place.nesinc.com/content/docs/CO_TestResultsRequestForm.pdf