Approved Content Tests
For the demonstration of content knowledge and skill, the Colorado State Board of Education has approved:
- all PLACE assessments, designed and developed specifically for Colorado (except those that correlate to discontinued endorsements)
- a number of specific PRAXIS assessments
- one NES assessment, #404 Mandarin (Chinese)
- the ASWB clinical or advanced generalist exam (for the school social worker endorsement)
- The last administration of all PLACE exams and the NES exam was May 6, 2017; passing test scores will be accepted for five years until May 6, 2022, for current, correlating endorsement areas only. Please consult the endorsement page for a list of current and discontinued endorsements.
- Please ensure that the test for which you are registering is approved by the Colorado State Board of Education and accepted for the endorsement that you are seeking.
- CDE does not provide score information or reports for current or previously taken PLACE, PRAXIS or NES exams. Applicants need to contact the prospective exam provider directly to receive these reports and upload them into their application. Contact information can be accessed at each of their websites below.
*PLACE test-takers will need to complete and submit a request in order to receive another copy of their score reports: http://www.place.nesinc.com/PDFs/CO_20162017TestResultsRequestForm.pdf