The following items are designed to help districts and schools communicate with parents about the upcoming Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) assessments. These materials can be shared in newsletters or during parent information events or parent-teacher conferences. All materials may be tailored to meet your local needs.
CMAS (Colorado Measures of Academic Success)
- CMAS Fact Sheet: What to expect for assessments in the 2017-18 school year
What to Expect - English (PDF) | What to Expect - Spanish (PDF)
- CMAS: At-a-Glance (PDF)
Description of statewide assessments for 2017-18 school year.
- Role of State Assessments in Increasing Academic Achievement (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions: Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS)
English CMAS FAQs | Spanish CMAS FAQs (PDF)
- School and district accountability, state assessments (PDF)
- CMAS results and teacher evaluations
- From superintendents or principals to parents/school community about 2018 state assessments (DOC)
- From superintendents/principals to parents/school community about participation 2018 state assessments (DOC).
- From superintendents/principals to parents/school community about ninth-graders taking PSAT (DOC).
PSAT and SAT
About PSAT and SAT
About Score Reports
- 2016-17 sample score reports - Sample score reports to help explain how to interpret score reports.
- Parent's Guide to Understanding the Score Reports - Help teachers, parents and students understand score reports.
- How to Use the Test Results to Support Your Student - Basic background information on test results.
Use entire articles or just portions to communicate with educators and parents about score reports.
- Coming soon
- State and federal assessment requirements (PDF)
Access this quick reference on the federal and state required assessments.