You are here
General Assessment Information
Spring 2023 Tentative Colorado State Assessment Windows
A typical state assessment administration season is scheduled for spring 2023 as required by state and federal law.
ACCESS for ELLs
- January 9 - February 10, 2023
- April 10 - April 28, 20232
- Primary Test Date: Wednesday, April 12, 2023
- Make-up Test Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2023
CO PSAT for grades 9 and 10
- Primary Test Date: Wednesday, April 12 - Friday, April 14, 2023 (district choice for primary test date)3
- Make-up Test Date: Tuesday, April 25 - Thursday, April 27, 2023 (district choice for make-up test date)4
HS CoAlt ELA/Math (DLM) for grades 9-111
- Aligned to PSAT/SAT schedule to the extent possible
1 To the extent possible, students taking the alternate assessment in a content area for which they are participating in a general education class should be assessed at the same time as their general education peers to avoid missed instruction. Schools may also ensure that students taking the alternate assessment do not miss instruction from their general education class(es) through other means.
2 CMAS/CoAlt Administration Window
- All CMAS elementary and middle school science administrations must be completed within the official window.
- Extended test window dates for online CMAS Math and ELA are TBD.
- CDE encourages early returns of paper test books to expedite scoring and results processes and timelines.
Students taking CoAlt ELA and Math (DLM) and those requiring paper accommodations (including CSLA) should test at the same time as their peers.
- Early high school science window dates are TBD.
3 Each school will administer the PSAT on one of the three available primary test dates. Grade 9 may be administered on a different day than Grade 10 if needed. DACs are encouraged to make a district-wide decision but may allow individual schools to select their primary test date. Districts that operate under a 4 day week and have Fridays as scheduled non-contact days will be permitted to schedule the primary test date for the Colorado PSAT on Monday, April 17, 2023 if needed.
4 Each school will administer the PSAT on one of the three available make-up test dates. Grade 9 make-up tests may be administered on a different day than Grade 10 if needed. DACs are encouraged to make a district-wide decision but may allow individual schools to select their make-up PSAT test date.