The CO Child Nutrition Hub is used by Colorado School Food Authorities (SFAs) to complete the annual renewal applications, submit claims, collect data for the verification and Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), submit applications and claims for the Summer Food Service Program, coordination of the Administrative Review and submission of annual Food Safety Inspections.
Reimbursement Claims are due 60 days after the end of each claim month.
- How to enter claims
- How to enter claims for Reduced Price Meals
- Claiming PK-8 reduced lunch and Start Smart reduced breakfast
- State Funding for Reduced Price Meals
- Colorado's Start Smart Program and Child Nutrition Lunch Protection Program
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) Claiming Instructions
- Upload Instructions
- Upload claims from a Point-of-Sale (POS)
- Counting and Claiming PowerPoint Training
- Meal Counting and Claiming Online Training
The Child Nutrition Program application renewal process will open in the Hub on Tuesday, May 1 2018 for School Year 18-19
All school food authorities (SFAs) and sponsors must have the Child Nutrition Program application renewal process completed by Friday, Sept. 14, 2018. Remember that the process can take up to two weeks to complete, especially with extra programs such as Afterschool Snack Program or Special Milk Program; please plan accordingly. You will not be able to submit a claim until your renewal application is approved.
If you have already submitted your application, the School Nutrition Unit staff member assigned to your application will return the packet. Once the packet has been returned, please re-save the sponsor application in order to generate the required forms on the ‘checklist summary.’ Sign and upload the required forms and resubmit for approval.
If you have questions regarding your application renewal, please email the School Nutrition Unit staff member assigned to your application packet, which is located at the top right of the application packet page.
- Submitting Forms
- Revision Instructions
- Special Milk Program (SMP) Application Renewal Instructions
Where you'll find useful tips and tricks to better navigate the Colorado Child Nutrition Hub
Did you know you have the ability to update your Sponsor Application to reflect personnel contact changes made throughout the year? You can navigate to your Sponsor Application by logging in, clicking Applications, and then Application Packet:
Then, click Revise next to Sponsor Application:
You will then be able to make necessary changes. When finished, click Save at the bottom of the page. You will be taken back to the Application Packet main screen and you will click Submit for Approval to complete the process. The School Nutrition Unit will be notified of the change and you will receive email confirmation once it's approved.
To change users in the CO Child Nutrition Hub (each district may have up to two users for claims and applications), or add or delete a Colorado Department of Education approved site, please email the following information to Vivien Skrupskis
- User’s first and last name:
- Job Title:
- Email address:
- School food authority or district name:
- Type of access needed (claims, free and reduced, etc.):
- Name of food service management company, if applicable:
- Account activation date for new employee:
- Name of previous employee, to be deleted, if applicable:
- Account deactivation date for previous employee:
- If you have forgotten your password for the School Nutrition and/or Summer Nutrition Programs, please use the Forgot Your Password? link, located below the Password window.
- If you have been locked out of the School Nutrition and/or Summer Nutrition Programs, please email Vivien Skrupskis.
For more information, please contact Benjamin Wetherbee.