You are here
Migrant Education Data
The office of Migrant Education collects data related to services, student achievement, and family mobility. This data is gathered to promote program effectiveness and improvement. The Migrant Education Programs (MEP) has developed policies related to data privacy, confidentiality, and security practices. It also includes specific information to guide MEP programs with data integration and data sharing. MEP programs must follow the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Colorado privacy laws (in section 22-1-123, C.R.S.) when disclosing personally identifiable student information (PII).
Data Privacy Law
During this year’s legislative session, a new Colorado Data Privacy Law passed that will impact a majority of us at CDE. The law has some aspects that must be implemented by August 10th. This law has significant impacts on Colorado districts. The law defines PII more broadly and includes information that, alone or in combination, could identify an individual. For more information regarding data privacy visit CDE's Data Privacy and Security page.
- Data Management Training Dates 2017-18 (PDF)
- Data Management Timeline SY 2017-2020 (PDF)
- MEP Service Matrix 2017-18 (PDF)
- 2017-18 Metro Regional District Listing (PDF)
- 2017-18 Northern Regional District Listing (PDF)
- 2017-18 Southeast Regional District Listing (PDF)
- 2017-18 Southwest Regional District Listing (PDF)
- 2017-18 West Central Regional District Listing (PDF)
- 2013-2014 Migrant Education Program Evaluation Report (PDF)
- 2016 Summer Migrant Youth Leadership Institute Evaluation Report (PDF)