Preparing to Apply
Am I in the Right Place?
This checklist is for applicants seeking a special education or special services or director of special education temporary educator eligibility authorization (formerly known as a SETA, SEE or TTE, now known as a TEE).
- You will need electronic copies of all documentation.
( Get Help with Document Scanning )
- Allow ample time to request any third party transcripts or other documentation.
This authorization is issued 1 year at a time and can be renewed a maximum of 2 times for a total of 3 years.
- Submit fingerprints to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- If you already hold a valid, CDE-issued educational credential and have consistently maintained an active credential (authorization or license) since you submitted your fingerprints, you can skip this step. We reserve the right to evaluate your application for adherence to the fingerprint requirements and will notify you by email should any follow-up be needed.
- If you have submitted fingerprints for CDE credentialing in the past, but allowed all credentials to lapse and have held no active credential for a period exceeding 1 year, you must submit a new set of fingerprints.
- Confirm you have a valid form of government-issued identification.
( View List of Valid IDs )
- Complete section A of the Temporary Educator Eligibility Verification Form, also known as a TEE Form.
- Forward the form to your college or university designee to verify you are making continued satisfactory progress toward the completion of your special education endorsement program during the previous year.
- Also forward the form to the superintendent, chief human resources officer, appointed head of the administrator unit (such as the director of special education for your district), BOCES, facility, school or state operated program to complete the remaining sections.
- Obtain the completed and signed form so you can include it with your online application.
- Obtain official transcripts from any college/university you have attended.
- Within the application you must include employment history for at least the past 5 years.
- Include employer/business name, dates of employment, reason for leaving, work addresses, supervisor names, and contact information.
- If applicable, obtain supporting documentation on the following:
- Past criminal history
- Disciplinary actions
- Any issues related to licensure or employment
Register and Apply
Once you have gathered all of the information listed above, you are ready to begin the online application process! Just register for the eLicensing system or, if you are already registered, log in.
Then, select the application titled "Temporary Educator Eligibility Authorization" to get started.
For questions, email CDELicensing@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-6628.