Visit the TLCC Website- www.tlccsurvey.org to access the survey, beginning January 24.
TLCC Survey Overview
The main purposes of the TLCC Survey are to:
Amplify Educators' Voice
Provides schools, district and state policymakers with reliable data on teaching and learning conditions. It offers additional information for discussion and gives potential suggestions on areas that deserve attention in a school environment.
Deepen Improvement Planning
Provides additional data to support school improvement efforts (e.g., root cause analysis in the Unified Improvement Plan). The survey data can help staff to identify positive trends in school conditions, as well as identify areas that merit further discussion. This is the only data source on school conditions that offer state comparison points.
Strengthen Research and Policy
Informs researchers and policymakers by providing data on the impact of school conditions on student growth and on staff retention. This survey provides a unique look into schools across the state that can lead to more informed policies and practices.
The survey is operated through a statewide collaborative that includes partners such as the Colorado Education Association, Colorado Education Initiative, Governor's Office, Colorado Association of School Boards, Colorado Association of School Executives, Colorado League of Charter Schools, representatives from school districts, universities and researchers.
- Save the Date Informational Flier (PDF)
- Final TLCC Survey - 2018 (Excel)
- The TLCC Survey has been revised and updated to (1) ensure meaningful data to achieve the above purposes, (2) collect data about relevant and timely topics, and (3) maintain the ability to compare results over time.
- TLCC Fact Sheet (PDF)
- TLCC Do's and Don'ts (PDF)
- Using TLCC Results (PDF)
2017-18 Calendar for TLCC Development and Administration
- Spring – Summer 2017 - Field feedback on new survey draft, including focus groups, think-aloud interviews, and pilot
- October 2017 - Final instrument available
- December 2017 - Head count verification for schools (completed by districts)
- January 2018 - Access codes to the online survey sent to teachers/principals
- January 24th - February 23rd, 2018 - Statewide survey launch
- April 2018 - 2018 TLCC initial state summary report available
Feedback from educators is integral to the survey development process. CDE has worked with partners to solicit input from a stakeholder working group, including Colorado educators, select researchers, and other education partners; facilitate focus groups and meetings with teachers, principals, and district staff; conduct think-aloud interviews with potential respondents; and coordinate a pilot administration of the TLCC Survey with Colorado educators.
For more information about the TLC Colorado Survey, please contact Lisa Medler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-866-6993.