Tri-State Webinar Series: Catatonia and Autism, Part 1 (2-Part Series)
Audience: Educators, Other District/School Staff | Topic: Autism, Special Education | Hosted by: Office of Special Education
Catatonia and ASD: Hidden in Plain Sight (Part 1)
Presenters: Ruth Aspy, Ph.D.; Barry G. Grossman, Ph.D.
- Define Catatonia
- Describe how the DSM-5 categorizes catatonia (specifiers)
- Recognize the key characteristics of catatonia
- Describe issues surrounding catatonia in autism (separate condition?, waxing/waning)
- Why is it important for professionals who work with individuals with ASD to recognize the signs of catatonia?
- What are three symptoms of catatonia as defined by the DSM-5?
Email Jennifer Houser (Email Jennifer House) the following information:
- The Title of the Webinar
- Your Full Name
- Your Email Address
- Your School District
- Your Role (Teacher, para, SLP, etc.)
- Your answer(s) to the above study questions
(type each question and add your answer below it)
Contact InformationAmanda Timmerman
Once you have completed the requirements of this webinar, you will be sent your certificate (approximately 1 hr 15 minutes of Professional Development Hours)