Office of Learning Supports SPDG Team
2016-2021 Project Information
The purpose of the 2016-2021 CO SPDG project is to develop an integrated Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) framework in Colorado at the state, regional, district, school, and early childhood level through models of successful implementation that can be scaled up across the state. These models will result in increased implementation of evidence-based practices and improvement in academic and behavioral outcomes for all students in Colorado including those with disabilities.
To achieve this purpose the project has five goals:
- Increase state leadership capacity for CO-MTSS through meaningful stakeholder collaboration and team work.
- Increase regional and district capacity for CO-MTSS through effective leadership, planning, and provision of professional development and technical assistance to local schools and educational buildings.
- Increase preschool-12, school level capacity for CO-MTSS through the implementation of team-driven shared leadership, data-based problem solving, family, school, and community partnering, and a layered continuum of evidence-based practices.
- Improve teacher performance through the development of district and regional systems of professional development and technical assistance.
- Increase family, school, and community partnering around CO-MTSS through specific partnership activities and involvement at all levels.
Consult the Current Grantee LEA page for Colorado's SPDG CO-MTSS grant recipients.
- In the Winter of 2017, grantees participated in a Kickoff event for the grant. Access to materials shared that day are on the Winter 2017 SPDG MTSS Kickoff page.
- One of the SPDG activities expected of grantees is completion of an Initiative Inventory. The process for conducting such an inventory is described on the OLS Initiative Inventory page.
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT (JUNE 2017):
If LEAs are interested in participating in the SPDG as member districts/BOCES for Cohort II, please consult these grant materials, also linked on the MTSS homepage.
- An initial training and application webinar was held on June 23, 2017.