CDE will be closed on Monday, May 25 for the Memorial Day holiday.
You are here
Commissioner's Teacher Cabinet
About the Commissioner's Teacher Cabinet
The Commissioner's Teacher Cabinet is an opportunity for Colorado teachers to share their hands-on classroom knowledge. This advisory group is made up of 20 practicing teachers from around the state representing small, medium, large, rural, suburban and urban school systems.
Role of Teacher Cabinet Members:
- Serve as a sounding board for the implementation of state education policy.
- Brainstorm solutions for some of the challenges facing today's educators, such as raising achievement among all students, supporting low-performing schools and increasing the number of individuals joining the teaching profession.
Selected educators for the second Teacher Cabinet cohort will serve two years on the cabinet beginning in October 2019. The Colorado Teacher of the Year has an automatic spot on the cabinet.
2020 Commissioner's Teacher Cabinet Members
New Teacher Cabinet Members:
- Michael Bautista - Career and technical education teacher, Boulder Technical Education Center, Boulder Valley School District
- Kenneth Benson - Social studies teacher, Niwot High School, St. Vrain Valley School District
- Kathleen Campbell - English language arts teacher, STRIVE-Prep Kepner, Denver Public Schools
- Linda Donaldson - Mathematics teacher, Skoglund Middle School, Center Consolidated School District 26JT
- Samantha DuVall - Mathematics teacher, Union Colony Schools, Greeley-Evans School District 6
- Bonnie Grover - English language arts teacher, Avery Parsons Elementary School, Buena Vista School District
- Scott Hicks - Social studies teacher, East Grand Middle School, East Grand School District
- Emily Muellenberg - English language arts teacher, Highlands Ranch High School, Douglas Country School District
- Lacey Mueller - Mathematics teacher, Adams City Middle School, Adams County School District 14
- Jamie Odum - Elementary teacher, Primero Elementary School, Primero School District RE-2
- Carina Raetz - English as a second language (ESL) teacher, Academy International Elementary School, Academy School District 20
- Julie Sale - Science, mathematics and social studies teacher, Hope Learning Academy, Douglas County School District
- Hilary Wimmer (2020 Colorado Teacher of the Year) - Business, Mountain Range High School, Adams 12 School District
Continuing Teacher Cabinet Members:
- Justin Bankey - Music teacher, Cactus Valley Elementary, Garfield School District RE-2
- Margaret "Meg" Cypress (2019 Colorado Teacher of the Year) - Elementary teacher, Bradley International School, Denver Public Schools
- Andrew Guinn - Mathematics teacher, Pagosa Springs Middle School, Archuleta School District 50JT
- Dan Haught - Speech-language pathologist, Mesa Elementary/Westminster Academy for International Studies - Westminster Public Schools
- Terry Highfield - Elementary teacher, S. Christa McAuliffe STEM Academy, Greeley-Evans School District 6
- Valerie Lovato - Elementary teacher, Eagleton Elementary, Denver Public Schools
- Jocelyn Nguyen-Reed - Information technology pathways lead, Cherry Creek Innovation Campus, Cherry Creek School District 5
- Nathan Pearsall - Social studies teacher, Vista Ridge High School, Falcon School District 49
- Christina Randle (2018 Colorado Teacher of the Year) - Elementary teacher, Soaring Eagles Elementary School, Harrison School District No. 2
- Kevin Vaughn - Elementary teacher, Dolores Elementary, Dolores School District RE-4A