You are here
BEST Grant Program
Established in 2008 with the signing of C.R.S.22-43.7, BEST provides an annual amount of funding in the form of competitive grants to school districts, charter schools, institute charter schools, boards of cooperative educational services, and the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind. BEST funds can be used for the construction of new schools as well as general construction and renovation of existing school facility systems and structures.
FY2024-25 BEST Grant Cycle
Since 2008 BEST has awarded approximately $2.5 billion in grants to more than 525 Colorado schools, improving health, safety and security for nearly 300,000 students.
With funding from The Colorado State Land Board, Colorado Lottery, marijuana excise tax, and local matching dollars, BEST continues to improve Colorado’s educational environments through capital construction projects helping schools to realize CDE's vision that "All students graduate ready for college and careers, and are prepared to be productive citizens of Colorado."
2023-2024 BEST Grant Cycle
- FY2023-24 Grant Application Summary Book (PDF)
- FY2023-24 Supplemental Application (Round 2) Summary Book (PDF)
- FY2023-24 BEST List of Applications (Excel)
- FY2023-24 List of Supplemental Grant Applications (Round 2) (Excel)
- FY2023-24 List of Recommended Grants (Excel)
- FY2023-24 Awarded Supplemental Grants (Excel)
BEST Legislative Reports
For more information or if an alternative version of a document is needed, please contact BESTSchools@cde.state.co.us or call 303-866-2153.