Department of Education (CDE)
As the administrative arm of the State Board of Education, CDE is responsible for implementing state and federal education laws, disbursing state and federal funds, holding schools and districts accountable for performance, licensing all educators, and providing public transparency of performance and financial data.
- Marijuana Instructional Units (PK-12)
- Marijuana and Tax Revenue and Education
- Request a Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
- Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports
- Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) Homepage
Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC), Department of Public Safety
The CSSRC provides free consultation, resources, training, and technical assistance to foster safe and secure learning environments, positive school climates, and early intervention to prevent crisis situations. They support schools and local agencies in their efforts to prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from all types of emergencies and crisis situations. Information and resources from the CSSRC are available to all schools, school officials, and community partners throughout the State of Colorado.
Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE)
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) is the principal department of the Colorado state government responsible for public health and environmental regulation. CDPHE also provides resources to support Colorado's efforts around the area of youth marijuana prevention and public education on retail marijuana.
- View the Department of Public Health and Environment website
- Sign up for CDPHE's "In The Know" Newsletter
- Marijuana: Education and youth prevention resources for community agencies
- Healthy Kids Colorado Survey Data
- Responsibility Grows Here Campaign
- Marijuana use trends and health effects
- Retail marijuana funding opportunities
- Colorado Marijuana Homepage
Office of Behavioral Health (OBH), Department of Human Services
OBH administers the two state mental health hospitals, purchases services to prevent and treat mental health and substance use disorders through contracts with behavioral health providers, regulates the public behavioral health system, and provides training, technical assistance, evaluation, data analysis, prevention services and administrative support to behavioral health providers and relevant stakeholders.