CDE will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
You are here
Unified Improvement Planning - General Resources
Unified Improvement Planning Guidance Documents
- 2022-23 UIP Handbook (PDF) (Updated: April 18th, 2022)
- UIP Working Document (DOC) This Google Document allows districts and schools to group edit content for the UIP to help support improvement planning collaboration. The document includes descriptions of each section and includes CDE resources to support the planning process. While this document is not currently approved for submission, district and school leaders can use this tool to copy and paste into the template available in the online system.
- Statute and Policy Guidance References for UIP (PDF) (Updated: October 6th, 2020)
- Accountability Clock: Year 4 Requirements (PDF) This document provides guidance and instructions for schools and districts in year four of the accountability clock.
Early Learning Needs Assessment This website provides resources for conducting an early learning needs assessment as a part of the UIP process, as well as guidance for meeting expectations for k-3 serving schools with priority improvement/turnaround plans and their districts.
- Parent Notification and Public Hearing Requirements Fact Sheet (PDF) (DOC) (Updated: August 2022)
- UIP Guidance for New Schools (PDF) (Updated: August, 2021) The intent of this guidance is to help new schools "plan forward" for their improvement efforts - even with limited data.
- Data Analysis for Small Student Populations (PDF) (Updated: July 2022) This guidance focuses on how to include analysis of data with small populations of students in the UIP. This resource is appropriate for all users that need to report on small student groups, either due to size of the school/district or disaggregated data analysis.
The Quality Criteria have been created to offer guidance on creating improvement plans that incorporate state and federal accountability requirements. The QC Rubric is used by CDE to evaluate Unified Improvement Plans.
|QC Rubric for Review||
Flexibility for UIP Completion and Submission
- January Submission Guidance (PDF) (August 2022) This resources provides guidance on January UIP submission eligibility and directions for District Admins to denote if a school/district will be submitting in January in the UIP Online System.
- Biennial Flexibility for the UIP (PDF) (Updated August 2021) Provides guidance on the eligibility criteria for the submission of the UIP on a biennial basis.
- Archived Resources
Resources from previous planning years that are no longer considered "current."
For More Information
Please contact Lisa Medler, email@example.com or 303-866-6993.