You are here
Training and Meetings
Upcoming Training, Meetings, and Webinars
School Readiness Office Hours
These office hours will provide an opportunity to ask questions and discuss topics related to school readiness.
- Days: Tuesdays
- Time: 12:30 – 1:00
- Register: Please register to receive a secure zoom link and calendar invites. The link will register you for all sessions, October through November. Join as needed, registration will not be monitored.
- Currently Scheduled Dates:
- October 12th
- October 19th
- October 26th
- November 2nd
- November 9th
- November 16th
Kindergarten School Readiness Back to School
This meeting provides background context on kindergarten school readiness, outlines requirements and additional opportunities within the assessment, and provides an overview of the statewide collection updates for the 2021-2022 academic year. This meeting will also provide an opportunity to collaborate with colleagues around the state on strategies to support school readiness and specific assessment tool implementation.
- Kindergarten School Readiness Back to School Recording - September 2021
- Kindergarten School Readiness Back to School Agenda
- Kindergarten School Readiness Back to School - PowerPoint and Presenter Notes
Early Learning Needs Assessment Webinar
This webinar provides background context about why an early learning needs assessment is valuable within the school improvement process, outline minimum requirements, and provide next steps for completing and analyzing the assessment. The early learning needs assessment supports schools and districts in analyzing the needs and learning of children birth through age 8. This process can strengthen relationships between schools, districts and early childhood partners to more accurately identify needs within the community, monitor trends, and inform the implementation of preventative strategies.
- Early Learning Needs Assessment Recording - August 2021
- Early Learning Needs Assessment - PowerPoint and Presenter Notes
- Target Audiences: Elementary school leaders in schools operating under a priority improvement or turnaround plan; District leaders who support these schools; and Preschool district leadership
READ Plans and Kindergarten School Readiness
This webinar includes background information on required Kindergarten assessments in Colorado, how to use the problem-solving process across these assessments, and the requirements and flexibilities in documentation in creating and maintaining individual student plans.
- Kindergarten School Readiness and READ Plans Recording - November 2020
- Kindergarten School Readiness and READ Plans - PowerPoint and Presenter Notes
Changing Contexts: Preschool through 3rd Grade:
In partnership with the Office of Early Childhood, Exceptional Student Services, and the National P-3 Center, the Preschool-3rd Grade office is excited to announce a series of resources for schools, districts, and programs in support of rolling starts and closures of in-person learning. This includes temporary or more permanent transitions between learning contexts due to a variety of factors, including quarantines, changes in community public health data, and natural disasters.
- Changing Contexts: Building Skills for Social Emotional Wellness and Recovery during Transitions In and Out of In-Person Learning.
This training will focus on the importance of self-care in reducing anxiety levels and building resiliency allowing for higher quality engagement between teachers, children, and families during transitions. Additionally, this training will provide suggestions for a coaching model to collaboratively bring the family into the education process and create a sense of belonging for children and families amongst transitions between educational learning contexts.
- Changing Contexts: Building Skills for Social Emotional Wellness and Recovery during Transitions In and Out of In-Person Learning - Recorded December 4, 2020
- Presentation Slides [PDF]
- Changing Contexts: Supports for Temporary Transitions and Rolling Closures
Inconsistent and temporary changes to learning contexts pose challenges for children, families, teachers, and staff. While there is no manual providing the “right” solutions, the National P-3 Center has curated ideas and strategies to tackle these challenges and provide consistent support to young children and their families as they transition between contexts.
- Changing Contexts: Supports for Temporary Transitions and Rolling Closures Recording - December 11, 2020
- Presentation Slides [PDF]
- Pandemic-Related Transitions: P-3 Learning Contexts
School districts, elementary schools, and their early care and education (ECE) partners are striving to ease these transitions for students, families, teachers, and staff. Informed by research, this resource highlights strategies and includes crowd-sourced ideas from numerous districts across the country.
Preschool-Kindergarten Transitions with Dr. Kristie Kauerz
In partnership with the National P-3 Center, the Preschool-Third Grade Office hosted an opportunity specifically focused on the impact of COVID on transitions in preschool and Kindergarten.