You are here
Summer Food Service Program - Grant Opportunities
Sponsors are encouraged to apply for grant funding to support program innovation, expand access to meals and improve program quality. Recurring funding opportunities and grant writing resources are listed below.
Current Grant Opportunities:
Community Innovation in Summer Meals
The Community Innovation in Summer Meals Program is an expansion of the successful Community Meals Pilot Program administered by the Share Our Strength No Kid Hungry Campaign over the last three years in Colorado. The goal of this grant is to expand the Community Meals Model by supporting summer meal sponsors in implementing best practices, in coordination with community partners, shown to be effective in increasing youth participation and program access. Best practices include selecting locations that reduce the distance kids must travel to a summer site, marketing and promotions, working with trusted community members to support the program (e.g. provide activities, serve meals), aligning meal service with programming and activities, innovative food service models (e.g. mobile meals), and offering free adult meals. Approximately $20,000 will be available for the 2020 program year, awarding a total of 4 summer sponsors a $5,000 grant.
Priority will be given to returning 2019 summer sponsors in good standing that demonstrate:
- Increasing access to summer meals in underserved and/or rural locations;
- Grant activities will be done in coordination with new or existing community partners; and
- A plan to implement best practices shown to be effective in increasing participation and access.
Resources and Important Dates
- Sign up for the informational webinar on Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 1-2pm
- View the grant requirements and submit the application (DOC) by April 3, 2020, by 11:59 pm
- Grants awards will be dispersed in May 2020
- For more information, contact Kristi Brennan
Questions? E-mail Carrie Thielen or call 303-866-6759.