You are here
School Nursing and Health
Resources in Response to COVID-19
About School Nursing
Mission: Supporting and Promoting the connection between health and academic achievement.
Welcome to the CDE School Nursing and Health Services web pages. The following resources are available to support your practice and give you assistance in obtaining additional resources.
News and Announcements
- Updated 1/7/2022: CDPHE's Practical Guide for Operationalizing CDC's School Guidance, incorporating the latest recommendations by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on isolation and quarantining in schools.
- New 12/8/2021: The School Nurse Workforce Grant Program is accepting applications through January 31, 2022
- Immunization reporting is due to CDPHE January 31st (extended from Jan 15th). Access through yellow button in Data Reporting section below.
- Can't find something? Try the green A-Z Topic Index button above.
Connections Across CDE
A variety of school nursing practices exist in Colorado: single school site, multiple school responsibilities, contracted services and nurse consultant models. These web pages were carefully developed with diverse practice and environments in mind such as urban, rural and frontier school districts, private and public.
To support your school nursing practice and professional growth, please consider the following:
- Familiarize yourself with your district and school policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Become knowledgeable regarding state and federal regulations and resources pertaining to health-related educational issues.
- Communicate with your nursing supervisor and/or school administrator.
- Utilize your professional network and support opportunities such as local school nurse peers and mentors, statewide school nursing colleagues via the CDE School Nurse Listserv, the CDE website, local/state health departments, professional organizations and the CDE Principal Consultant School Health Services.
Find what you were looking for?
If you find broken links or have difficulty accessing content, please contact Anita Brodecky.