You are here
P-EBT Data Collection
The P-EBT program was created as part of the U.S. government response to the COVID-19 epidemic. P-EBT benefits are intended for school-aged children who would have received a free or reduced-price school meal during the time that schools were closed during the 2019-20 school year, 2020-21 school year, and the summer months of 2021. P-EBT provides a cash-like benefit that will be issued to a P-EBT card or an existing EBT card. Existing EBT cards will automatically receive the additional P-EBT benefits and new P-EBT cards will be mailed directly to eligible students.
Student level data is needed in order to assess eligibility for P-EBT and also to obtain household information. This data collection will follow the typical process of new Data Pipeline collections. More information will be shared at regular town halls. This collection is a periodic data collection. More specific information will also be provided at upcoming training opportunities.
The USDA has extended the P-EBT program to continue through the school year 2021-22 as well as summer 2022 P-EBT. The Colorado P-EBT program is working with the USDA to determine and finalize the process going forward. We will update this page and send correspondence as developments occur.
You can view the USDA's recent guideline here: Pandemic EBT - State Plans for 2021-2022
No deadlines currently
File Layout and Definitions
- 2020-2021 P-EBT Data Collection File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (updated 4/20/2021)
- 2020-2021 PEBT Business Rules (XLSX) (posted 4/21/2021)
- March 24, 2021 P-EBT Training Recording
- April 1, 2021 P-EBT Training Recording
- April 6, 2021 P-EBT Training Recording
- Also, please attend town halls every Thursday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. at:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 929-341-4269,,615314665# United States, New York City
Phone Conference ID: 615 314 665#
- P-EBT Data Collection FAQs (PDF)
- P-EBT Data Pipeline Instructions (PDF)
- P-EBT Data Collection Template (XLSX)
- P-EBT Eligibility Flowchart (PDF)
- P-EBT Data Collection Town Hall Presentation (PPT)
For more information on P-EBT, see the CDE School Meal Eligibility webpage.
For questions contact: email@example.com