You are here
Colorado Computer Science Education Week
Hey, Colorado! We Challenge You to Show Us How You Code!
CDE invites educators and students to join the celebration of Computer Science Education Week by participating in Hour of Code or any other exciting computer science experiences, including unplugged activities.
Check out the age appropriate resources below for ways to participate in CSEd Week.
Computer Science Education Week - December 4-10, 2023
This year's theme: Creativity with AI
- What is #CSEdWeek?
- According to csedweek.org, "Computer Science Education Week is an annual call to action to inspire K-12 students to learn computer science, advocate for equity, and celebrate the contributions of students, teachers and partners in the field."
- What is #HourOfCode?
- According to hourofcode.com, "the Hour of Code is a free introduction to computer science through fun activities and videos for learners of all skill levels. This year's celebration of both coding and AI is supported by over 400 partners, 20,000 educators, and 58,000 volunteers"
- How to participate in #HourofCode #CSEdWeek
- Register your hour of code event with hourofcode.org
- Share photos and videos on social media and tag @codepted to be featured on CDE's social media pages
- Use any of the resources below to get started and have fun!
Interested in being featured on this year's CSEd Week page?
Show us how you and your students code! Complete the Google Form linked below to share your school's CSEd Week activities. Submitted content will be published on this webpage and highlighted on CDE's social media pages.
Resources for CSEd Week and Hour of Code 2024
CSEdWeek Kickoff: Impacts of Computing Code.org: Dance Party! AI Edition Featuring songs by: Miley Cyrus, BTS, Lil Nas X, Harry Styles, Nicki Minaj, Rosalía and more Try an Hour of Code (Multiple courses and levels) Hour of Code: Creativity with AI Google: Hour of Code Activities with CS First Explore text based, video based and Khan Academy: Try an Hour of Code with Khan Academy Minecraft Hour of Code: Generation AI
CSEdWeek Kickoff: Impacts of Computing
Code.org: Dance Party! AI Edition
Featuring songs by: Miley Cyrus, BTS, Lil Nas X, Harry Styles, Nicki Minaj, Rosalía and more
Try an Hour of Code (Multiple courses and levels)
Hour of Code: Creativity with AI
Google: Hour of Code Activities with CS First
Explore text based, video based and
Khan Academy: Try an Hour of Code with Khan Academy
Minecraft Hour of Code: Generation AI
Unplugged Activity Resources
Teach computer science without a computer!
CS Unplugged: Computer Science without a Computer
Teaching Unplugged: Distance Learning
Code.org: CS Fundamentals Unplugged
Google: unplugged activities
For questions and general computer science inquires, please contact Pam Lewis, CDE's Computer Science Senior Consultant at email@example.com
*The resources provided on this webpage are intended to provide a quick access list for educators to use in a way that supports their instructional planning. Provided resources should be previewed and used with teacher discretion. Because this page contains resources outside of the CDE website, CDE cannot control changes in outside content and listing these resources does not indicate an endorsement by the Colorado Department of Education.