You are here
Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DHH)
Licensing and Employment
As a service to AUs, CDE will post job vacancy notices to the Deaf Education listservs and the Colorado DHH Job Board. Please note that CDE may be unaware of all D/HH openings, please inquire with individual districts to check for job opportunities.
PRAXIS Test Information
Teachers completing a Master’s Degree in Special Education/Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education may be required to take the PRAXIS test 5272.
Deaf Educator Training Programs and Professional Organizations
Teacher of The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Preparation Programs
- University of Northern Colorado
- DeafEd.net: Deaf Education Teacher Preparation Program
- The AG Bell Academy for Listening and Spoken Language Certificate
Professional Organizations Supporting Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals
- Colorado Association of the Deaf (CAD)
- Colorado Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and DeafBlind
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD)
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Heard of Hearing
- Hearing Loss Association of America
- The Listen Foundation
For more information, please contact:
Shauna Moden, Principal Consultant
Email Shauna Moden
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.