You are here
2022 -2023 DEAF-BLIND WEBINAR SERIES
The Colorado Deaf-Blind Project is pleased to announce a series of webinars that will be offered once a month throughout the 2022-2023 school year.
Time for all webinars: 3:30 -5:30 p.m.
- September 28, 2022: Deaf-Blindness Identification
- October 26, 2022: Resources for your Deaf-Blind Student
- November 30, 2022: Routines
- December 14, 2022: Student-Led IEPs
Participants: Colorado parents of, and professionals working with children from birth through 21 years with significant support needs, including deaf-blindness. The focus is on learners who are not yet proficient in verbal and/or sign language.
Training Expectations: Full attendance of any session is a requirement. Please do not sign up for any of these training events if you cannot commit to the full two hours.
Please be aware that: It is a policy in the Exceptional Student Services Unit (ESSU) that all training registrations must be closed 2 weeks prior to the event. This is deadline is in place to allow proper time to meet the accommodation needs of training participants. Additionally, registration for ESSU events is non-transferable and cannot be given to another participant.
On-Demand Professional Learning Specific to Deaf-Blindness
Pediatric deafness/hearing loss is addressed in five training modules on topics that detail (a) the importance and methods to detect and identify early-onset hearing loss; (b) the mechanics of how we hear; (c) the types and incidence of early-onset deafness/hearing loss; (d) the degree of hearing loss; and (e) causes and risk factors for early-onset hearing loss.
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention
- How We Hear
- Types of Hearing Loss
- Degree of Hearing Loss
- Etiologies and Risk Factors of Hearing Loss
A lending library is maintained with up-to-date books, articles, workshop materials, videotapes, and manuals related to the topic of vision and hearing loss.Lending library materials are mailed out upon request.
Colorado Resources for Families of Children who are Deafblind
- Deaf-blindness (CDE) (PDF)
- Deaf-blindness: Educational Service Guidelines (Perkins Scout)
- Hands and Voices (Colorado Office)
- Helen Keller National Center - Rocky Mountain Office
- Parents of Blind Children (Colorado)
- Parent to Parent of Colorado
- Peak Parent Center
- Special Education - Parent Information and Resources
- Special Education - Parents Encouraging Parents Conference
National and International Resources Specific to Deaf-Blindness:
- American Association of the Deaf-Blind (AADB)
- Center for Literacy and Disability Studies
- Communication Matrix
- Deafblind International
- Experience Books (Washington Sensory Disability Services)
- Hands and Voices
- Hands and Voices - Colorado Office
- Helen Keller National Center for Deafblind Youth and Adults (HKNC)
- Interveners and Children Who Are Deaf-blind
- Intervener Resource Page (NCDB)
- Intervener Resources, Videos and Recommendations (NCDB)
- Literacy for Children with Combined Vision and Hearing Loss (Literacy Website Resources)
- National Center on Deafblindness (NCDB)
- National Family Association for the Deafblind (NFADB)
- National Organization of Rare Disorders (NORD)
- Path to Literacy
- Promoting Literacy - Emergent Writing
- Sibling Support Project
- Tarheel Reader- a collection of free, easy-to-read, and accessible books on a wide range of topics
National Resources Specific to Children with Disabilities
Phone: (303) 503-4647
Email Tanni Anthony
Phone: (303) 253-0451
Email Gina Herrera
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.