You are here
Colorado Autism Mentoring Program & Regional Leadership Team
Regional Leadership Team's (RLT) Colorado Autism Mentoring Program (CAMP)
Creating capacity within districts to coach/mentor individuals work with students with autism.
Who should be considered?
- District professionals who have shown a commitment to learning and applying evidence-based strategies to students with autism
- Collaborative and respected leaders
- Have a desire to mentor staff of students with autism
How will CAMP benefit my staff?
- Receive mentor and coaching training from CDE Autism Team and RLT
- Mentoring and problem solving throughout the year
- Access to training materials to enhance learning opportunities for school personnel
What is my commitment?
- Two days of CAMP Training (winter dates - TBD) and Two days of CAMP training (spring dates - TBD) for 2022-2023
- Monthly activities (e.g. virtual meetings, articles to read, webinars, etc)
- Opportunities to coach others in building/AU/district on strategies learned (e.g. Professional Development Days)
Applications for next Cohort will be reviewed in Spring of 2022 for the 22-23 school year.
Interested in being a member of the Regional Leadership Team (RLT)?
- Talk to your administrator and review the application
- With approval from an administrator complete and return application.
- Identify personnel and encourage them to complete and return an application
Goals of CAMP
Create capacity using multiple regional participants within AUs/districts to mentor individuals working with students with ASD
Utilize coaching models to develop effective coaching within district to support staff
Learn how to utilize effective evaluation tools and strategies for programs and students
Provide professional development based on identified needs of CAMP participants and ASD evidence-based practices
Increase personal knowledge and comfort with implementation and dissemination of material
Brooke Carson, Ph.D.
Email Brooke Carson
Rhonda Danner, M.A.
Email Rhonda Danner
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.