You are here
Indicator 16 - Mediation Agreements
Percent of mediations held that resulted in mediation agreements.
(20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3(B))
Percent = (Mediation agreements related to due process complaints + Mediation agreements not related to due process complaints) divided by Mediations held) times 100.
How is Colorado doing on this indicator?
Targets for the Current SPP/APR Cycle
- The CDE has recently developed two documents to assist parties inquiring about or preparing for mediation: Special Education Mediation Questions and Answers (Q and A in Spanish) and Preparing for Special Education Mediation (Preparing for Mediation in Spanish). These documents are posted on the CDE website, and they are sent to parties preparing for mediation.
- Mediators will be attending CADRE’s 8th National Symposium, in October 2021, for professional development.
- Mediators will also be attending the CDE’s 2022 Special Education Legal Conference for additional training in special education law.
- The CDE is revising our state’s Procedural Safeguards to provide a document that is more comprehensible and will assist in navigating the special education process, including mediation. (2021-2022)
- Target Setting Process Video for Indicator 16
For more information, contact:
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.