You are here
Indicator 15 - Hearing Requests Resolved
Percent of hearing requests that went to resolution sessions that were resolved through resolution session settlement agreements.
(20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B))
Percent = (the number of resolution sessions resolved through settlement agreements divided by the number of resolution sessions) times 100.
How is Colorado doing on this indicator?
Targets for the Current SPP/APR Cycle
States are not required to establish baseline or targets if the number of resolution sessions is less than 10, Colorado will set these targets when the number of resolution sessions reaches 10 or greater. In 2020 Colorado had 6 resolution sessions.
- The CDE is developing a Due Process Q & A that includes a section on Resolution Meetings. This Q & A will be posted on the CDE website and will be sent out to parties after the filing of a due process complaint. (2021-2022)
- The CDE will develop a survey to be completed by parties who participated in resolution meetings within the last 3 years. Data collected from this survey may assist in additional improvement plans. (2021-2022)
- The CDE will contact CADRE to discuss possible alternate improvement strategies, including discussing improvement strategies implemented by other states. (2021-2022)
- The CDE is revising our state’s Procedural Safeguards to provide a document that is more comprehensible and will assist in navigating the special education process, including resolution meetings. (2021-2022)
- Target Setting Process Video for Indicator 15
For more information, contact:
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.